Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 168
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 193 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2890
Like Tree1566Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Love it!!! How did you lower the CTS? Coilovers? Wrap or Paint? and details on the roof set up please ...
    Oefootball_70 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Love it!!! How did you lower the CTS? Coilovers? Wrap or Paint? and details on the roof set up please why no more white wheels? @robinc ?

RobinC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

Thanks! Its lowered on ksport coilovers, the white wheels I had where bbs style 5 rc090 that where off of a bmw 3 series so the bolt pattern where 5x120 I had custom hubcentric wheel spacer adapters made to fit them..... but! The spacers where 1.5 inches wide so the wheels stuck out being they were also a 20 offset I had to roll the crap out of my fenders. they stuck out so far and only 17 inches made the center of my car lower than they looked and ended up scraping everywhere. I couldn't get the lowered look I wanted without scraping. The wheels now are forgestar f14 19x10 in the rears and 19x9 in the front with 20 offset and because the fenders where already rolled I had no rub issues. The roof rack is permanently attatched with yakima landing pad 7's. the pads are permanent but the bars and towers come off and there are caps that goes on the pads so if you don't mind 4 little nubs on your roof it works . The car is painted flat black the v bumper is dipped. Il get some pics of the pads on and off the car and post them in a bit.

How do you like the ride of coil overs compared to stock?

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V

Nice car man, looks sick. I love the forgestars, my favorite rims on the cts.

When I had bought the car one shock was bad and another was going bad. So I cant really comment on how it rode before. The k sports took some time to dial in to my likings. But being that it is such a heavy car when lowered it does not bounce around like most little imports you see. These pictures is showing the car as low as I could go with very minimal rubbing because it was for a car meet. I have yet to raise it back up... haha.

kaitagun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts4 2008 DI, cts 2005 3.6(totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I like the look of this grill with the chrome around! how did you do that?

I had bought one of those cheapo wanna be v grills from ebay, installed and it just looked off... anyways I tore it apart took the chrome bezel from it and cut the tabs off the back and double side taped it to my stocker. But now that I think of it. I shouldve just drilled holes on the stock grill to accept the tabs. But either way I like it. Its different from a sports, v, or other aftermarket grill.

pretty simple and origninal I like it ! here my cts

CTSM and Ikera like this.

Love the roof in black. I want to wrap the roof, hood, and trunk in a diff color vinyl (flat). Or dip the whole car flat grey. Can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefootball_70 View Post
    Love the roof in black. I want to wrap the roof, hood, and trunk in a diff color vinyl (flat). Or dip the whole car flat grey. Can't decide.
    thx I did my roof with plasti dip! what color is ur cts? I would dip the whole car for 400-600$ ! wrapping cost like more 1000$
    +

It's a black CTS. Company here in town dips for 499. Full Wraps in KC run about 2k.

agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Ex-CTS owner

How do dip/wrap hold up against snow and salt?

Also, any Michiganders know a shop that will dip/wrap my car?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    This is nuts, bravo.

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    RobinC...car setup is dope, I just went a bit lower with a D2 install myself. I need bigger spacers in my rear however...also that ez-lip...how'd you attach yours? I used 3M heavy duty tape for mine but, it lasted all but a few weeks before it went mia...I might need to staple gun it in next time around lmfao.

Re: Post your best pics of your CTS here!

I dont know how plastidip will hold up to salt or snow. I'm in central california. But for the past couple of months im surprised to say its held up to lots of road debris and heavy rain people rubbing not believing its plastidip pressure washing with 1500 psi. I think the reason why some people have bad result in plastidip is the prep process. Just make sure to use dishwashing soap and warm water to get all the wax off your car and wipe is thoroughly with denatured alcohol. And when spraying take your time!!! What it doesnt hold up good to is bird droppings. Do not leave it for more than a day cause when you go to wipe it off the plastidip will start to lift and crinkle if you arent careful.

The e-z was only attatched for a day.. haha... with the 3m tape and some self tapping screws.... actually it only lasted for one day I should say... haha if you noticed my car was kissing a leaf... had it on for my buddies shop grand opening car meet it ripped off as soon as I left the parking lot.
    RCVW likes this.

garciajoaquin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Vinsanity. where did you get those wheels?

16. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.