Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 124
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 190 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2845
Like Tree1452Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by King-German-Fool They are labeled with 240km/h in fact I drove something like 250km/h I guess because the ...
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Quote Originally Posted by King-German-Fool View Post
    They are labeled with 240km/h in fact I drove something like 250km/h I guess because the speedo shows always more. I think the 10km/h overspeed aren't a big problem over a short distance.
    And It's no big deal to drive that fast with one hand. The steering is really stiff, and the road complete straight without bumps.

No worries please. It's not the first time I went that fast.
    Im one of these people who believes anything can happen, but you can actively limit the potential for problems. Im not tire expert, and I would think the tires are actually safer to higher speeds then posted, as manufacturers generally err on the safe side. I just wouldnt do it myself, tho... If Im gonna drive over the speed limit of the tires alot, Id just buy higher rated tires.

King-German-Fool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Chrysler 300C, *''03 CTS is gone"

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Im one of these people who believes anything can happen, but you can actively limit the potential for problems. Im not tire expert, and I would think the tires are actually safer to higher speeds then posted, as manufacturers generally err on the safe side. I just wouldnt do it myself, tho... If Im gonna drive over the speed limit of the tires alot, Id just buy higher rated tires.
    Those are my winter tires. I wanted to test the top speed with my smaller oem rims once. Normally I don't drive over 240 km/h with them.
    My summer tires are labelled with 300+, but on my 20's and 245 tires the car is like 10-15 km/h slower.

bubba1228 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Argent1 View Post
    Looks like you were the victim of a Tagger, lol...........and is that intake stock ?

Welcome ! Nice clean engine compartment.
    lol I like stickers... The air box is still stock but I am pretty sure the intake hose has been replaced with an aftermarket flex tubing, threw in a K&N stock type filter and man what a difference.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

carrnuttdave is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by bubba1228 View Post
    lol I like stickers... The air box is still stock but I am pretty sure the intake hose has been replaced with an aftermarket flex tubing, threw in a K&N stock type filter and man what a difference.
    Question then, Where does the hose that originally went from the air box on the front of the intake to the valve cover on the drivers side that provides fresh filtered air into the crank case go now? I mean where is it connected in your intake piping

Quote Originally Posted by carrnuttdave View Post
    Question then, Where does the hose that originally went from the air box on the front of the intake to the valve cover on the drivers side that provides fresh filtered air into the crank case go now? I mean where is it connected in your intake piping
    there is a smaller hard-ish plastic host that goes into the side of the airbox, im guessing they drilled a hole to fit it

carrnuttdave is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by bubba1228 View Post
    there is a smaller hard-ish plastic host that goes into the side of the airbox, im guessing they drilled a hole to fit it
    I think I'd be watching that that you don't get oil in there. Thats where a lot of the oil usage problems end up. I'm just guessing you might end up with filter clogging and coating your MAF with oil if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by carrnuttdave View Post
    I think I'd be watching that that you don't get oil in there. Thats where a lot of the oil usage problems end up. I'm just guessing you might end up with filter clogging and coating your MAF with oil if you do.
    Thanks for the heads up I will have to keep an eye out, when I took the old paper filter out it was dusty dirty but no oily residue

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Does it go into the airbox before or after the filter ?
    If after, heed Dave's advice & keep an eye on oil level & your MAF. Hell, keep an eye even if it goes in before the filter.

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Maybe its a better place for the PCV hose. The original placement hasn't earned any merit badges.

Don't know why the pic turned out like that but the antifreeze Is good and bright orange

Does it go into the airbox before or after the filter ?
    If after, heed Dave's advice & keep an eye on oil level & your MAF. Hell, keep an eye even if it goes in before the filter.

It does go in after the filter (on intake tube side upper left corner of box next to engine cover), airbox is clean no build up and oil level is good but definitely something to watch for.

King-German-Fool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Chrysler 300C, *''03 CTS is gone"

Home sweet home...

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Took her out today to drop off at detail shop since she's been down for a while. I took a few pics before i dropped it off.
    Had the slots painted but that lasted about 10 milles,

Got a new engine cover while it was in the shop

Hard to get a good picture of it buy it looks way better then this photo

Cant wait to get it back, AGAIN
    praprestoabi and praprestoabi like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Other than the exposed screws, I like those wheels.

CTS-YES is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That car is a monster!!!

Welcome ! Nice clean engine compartment.
    Love that engine...what do you use to keep it so rich looking? I want to get my "under-hood" game on point LoL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.