Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 109
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 233 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3487
Like Tree1388Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by notld67 Lol gas mpg. I get like 19mpg with my 10% city/ 90% highway mix. Last long ...
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Quote Originally Posted by notld67 View Post
    Lol gas mpg. I get like 19mpg with my 10% city/ 90% highway mix. Last long stretch of highway I went 150 miles with the cruise on 70mph on a mostly flat road and averaged 22.4. There's a flat 11 mile portion of highway I drive on part of my way home from work and If I reset and keep the cruise on 65mph for the 11 miles I get 22.7-22.9mpg. I think we should call the X-Files on the 3.6 mpg, It's weird how one car can range from 19mpg-27mpg with same driving habits lol.

Better yet i'd like to get 3-4 similar 3.6 cars to follow each other for about 50miles with the cruise set at 65mph and see the difference of mpg
    You cant legitimately compare mileage from different people in different situations unless you are very specific. You must include ambient temps, tire pressure, vehicle weight, tire type, wheel size (diameter and width),ride height, grill type, with or without spoiler, fuel type, oil type...every one of these is a factor in gas mileage. This assumes the vehicles are stock, too.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think 15+ years ago, there were not as many variables when you figured fuel economy. Now, car manufacturers have tweaked so many different things (aerodynamics, rolling resistance, drivetrain, fuel mapping, etc) that all the little things concorso mentioned make a difference. I think we are still getting used to this fact, and haven't yet fully appreciated the difference all these little things make.

manoogia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    Well I could record a video of mine right after I reset the AVG while driving 55MPH, it will say 30+, but it will plummet as soon as you stop and accelerate a few times, and or start driving around town at 30MPH. I get between 23-24 on every tank....
    Thats why I want the video to last 30 seconds... because if you see fluctuation in the AVG number, then you know the metric is GARBAGE... anyone can hit 30 MPGs... just reset the monitor at 80 mph and take your foot of the gas!. Do it for 30 seconds in town and hold at 27 MPGs and Ill be a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Ill do 1 better. Ill show you 30+ averaged over 100 km's.
    I said MPG's, not KPG's lol.... 30 KPG is like 18.6 MPGs lol.

If you can indeed prove 30+ MILES per gallon over 100 Kilometers, Ill provide a video of me peeing on myself.
    odthetruth and odthetruth like this.

I don't remember now, how high does the CTS instant meter go? Does it stop at 99? I have a meter plugged into my obd port, and coasting, I got my 426hp Camaro up to 136 mpg

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

It stops at 99.9 mpg

LMAO at Manoogia and Concorso... You better man up on that bet Manoogia if Concorso puts up a vid. LMAO

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 130k

I thought it stopped at 70 mpg instant?

I thought so too, but that was a long time ago. The obd meters will go as high as the economy will.

Mine stops at 70 MPGs

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by manoogia View Post
    I said MPG's, not KPG's lol.... 30 KPG is like 18.6 MPGs lol.

If you can indeed prove 30+ MILES per gallon over 100 Kilometers, Ill provide a video of me peeing on myself.
    We dont measure in kpg. its LP100KM. 30mpg over 100 km's, or 30 mpg over 62 miles, its still the same. Promising a pee vid isnt doing a good job to convince me to post anything.

Hey man, I could care less if you prove your point or not... no sweat off my sack.. I still call BS on the mystical 30 MPG.

And to your point, if your Caddy is set to metric units (which Im assuming it is, since your talking in kilometers), then my understanding is that the avg fuel usage display on your DIC will be reading KPG... not MPG... thats what I meant.... someone please chime in if Im wrong, as I do not run metric units.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Its measured in L/100km ....don't understand why that's how they do it but it is...
    10 l/100km to me I think is good. I think that's 26.5mpg or so.

Ooooh I see, thanks for clarifying... yeah, thats a weird calc, but to me so is the whole metric system (lol).

Not even going to try to begin to understand what that means in terms of MPGs

let's all of us refrain from talking about sweat and sacks please

Ok Ok, fair enough... no skin off my nose..... Is that better? LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.