Post your best pics of your CTS here! - Page 108
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 235 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3511
Like Tree1423Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Post your best pics of your CTS here! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by concorso It exists...if you cant reach it, something might be up with your car. A C6 Vette ...
    curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 132k

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    It exists...if you cant reach it, something might be up with your car. A C6 Vette can get over 30, too...oh nose, cant be true!
    on a flat road at 55MPH sure, but NO WAY in hell will you see that at freeway speed, not with the 3.6.

DocX36 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04' CTS 3.6L, 1SB, Cashmere

I recently drove 2200km round trip from Michigan to North Carolina and back and got 26.8 MPG AVG... AVG Speed 65.4 MPH all freeway, a little city. I was hoping to break 27 MPG AVG, but did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    on a flat road at 55MPH sure, but NO WAY in hell will you see that at freeway speed, not with the 3.6.

Quote Originally Posted by DocX36 View Post
    I recently drove 2200km round trip from Michigan to North Carolina and back and got 26.8 MPG AVG... AVG Speed 65.4 MPH all freeway, a little city. I was hoping to break 27 MPG AVG, but did not happen.
    Freeway speed to me is 70-75MPH, lucky if you see 25MPG at those RPM's. But yes, I have averaged 25-26MPG on a tank of gas that was used mainly at 55-65MPH, best I've ever seen in my car.

manoogia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey

Id like to see a video of someones 27 avg MPG reaout as they drive around town for 30 seconds. Maybe then Ill be a believer! lol

Quote Originally Posted by manoogia View Post
    Id like to see a video of someones 27 avg MPG reaout as they drive around town for 30 seconds. Maybe then Ill be a believer! lol
    Well I could record a video of mine right after I reset the AVG while driving 55MPH, it will say 30+, but it will plummet as soon as you stop and accelerate a few times, and or start driving around town at 30MPH. I get between 23-24 on every tank....

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I filled up and reset the V once. Driving around town for a day (with liberal throttle application) I think my average was around 10mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I filled up and reset the V once. Driving around town for a day (with liberal throttle application) I think my average was around 10mpg.
    LOL, that's like my parents Ford Excursion gas V10 lucky if you get 15MPG on the highway....My Northstar is a gas hog too, lucky to see 15MPG in town, AVG about 20.

Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Mod....please delete this post. I'm selling my wife on the fact the V gets better gas mileage. I don't need this coming up in a google search

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52 View Post
    Mod....please delete this post. I'm selling my wife on the fact the V gets better gas mileage. I don't need this coming up in a google search
    Your wife is buying that line? Is she aware that it's a supercharged LS V8? Or does V stand for "Vanity" edition?

Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray

Your wife is buying that line? Is she aware that it's a supercharged LS V8? Or does V stand for "Vanity" edition?
    I have crafted a beautiful story about how my car is just too heavy for a 2.8L engine. and that the V8 is more effecient due to the weight/power relationship. I think there is actually some truth to it though. I'm only averaging about 20 mpg. I have seen a lot of V drivers average in the low 20s.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

The v actually did great on the highway, where I mostly drove. 22-23 mpg usually. The 06-07 with the torquier LS2 were more like 23-25. I am getting around 24 with the SS. 25 if I behave. 26 if I really work it.

playboy4aday is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

LOL, that's like my parents Ford Excursion gas V10 lucky if you get 15MPG on the highway....My Northstar is a gas hog too, lucky to see 15MPG in town, AVG about 20.
    Something must have been wrong with it because I got 12mpg. I had the blue one a couple pages back. It had a lift, 37 13.5 r20 mud tires, true dual exhaust (removed y pipe), power programmer, CAI and new COPs. I shoulda kept it.

notld67 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS

Lol gas mpg. I get like 19mpg with my 10% city/ 90% highway mix. Last long stretch of highway I went 150 miles with the cruise on 70mph on a mostly flat road and averaged 22.4. There's a flat 11 mile portion of highway I drive on part of my way home from work and If I reset and keep the cruise on 65mph for the 11 miles I get 22.7-22.9mpg. I think we should call the X-Files on the 3.6 mpg, It's weird how one car can range from 19mpg-27mpg with same driving habits lol.

Better yet i'd like to get 3-4 similar 3.6 cars to follow each other for about 50miles with the cruise set at 65mph and see the difference of mpg

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Freeway speed to me is 70-75MPH, lucky if you see 25MPG at those RPM's. But yes, I have averaged 25-26MPG on a tank of gas that was used mainly at 55-65MPH, best I've ever seen in my car.
    This is exactly the point Im making. You cannot make a blanket statement when it comes to gas mileage. 75 mph might be freeway speeds to you, but that would get me a big ticket. At 60 mph continuous driving on the highway, I average over 32 mpg, with a tune and I/E work. I did a 300 km trip earlier this summer most of it at 60 mph on highway, and I averaged 29 mpg, and that included about 20 km's in city I was in. Again, this is why I hate blanket statements, as they serve no purpose. A 10 degree drop in temps can increase mileage by 1 or 2 mpg's... 10 psi drop in tire pressure can affect it the same way. 30 avg is doable in the right setting. My longterm avg is 23 in DD, fwiw. I have gotten a tank average down as low as 16 mpg.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Ill do 1 better. Ill show you 30+ averaged over 100 km's.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.