NEWBIE .... Help Needed 03 CTS Suspension / Strut Issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, NEWBIE .... Help Needed 03 CTS Suspension / Strut Issue in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello all ..... new to this forum and to owning a Cadillac So far my experience with the local dealership ...
    Killrwheels is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Vette Z51, 06 SRX, 08 CTS DI, 10 Lacrosse CXS

Exclamation NEWBIE .... Help Needed 03 CTS Suspension / Strut Issue

Hello all ..... new to this forum and to owning a Cadillac

So far my experience with the local dealership has been rewarding since purchasing my wife a slightly used 03 CTS (SPORT W/ 1SC) with less than 7k miles in garnet red. Got an uneasy feeling this morning however:

Wife took the car in for a wierd vibration and josseling in the drivers side front tire area when driving over less than perfect roads and bumps. You can actually hear a wierd wobbling sound. Culprit ???

Dealership claims it is a known issue and a strut replacement will have it going soon. But ... a salesman recognized the car and asked my wife when and where she got it. Said the previous owner was a long term client and was having multiple repair issues with front end noise. She "must" have sold it as they could not ever get to the route of the issue and solve it. (he did not know that wife brought car in for that issue)

So .... an uneasy feeling is over me that something maybe wrong and that other than the quick guess , this may become a long term issue. Since I own a Corvette as my daily driver , I really need no further headaches. Getting Chevy to fix anything right is .... well ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Re: NEWBIE .... Help Needed 03 CTS Suspension / Strut Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Killrwheels
    Hello all ..... new to this forum and to owning a Cadillac

So far my experience with the local dealership has been rewarding since purchasing my wife a slightly used 03 CTS with less than 7k miles in garnet red. Got an uneasy feeling this morning however:

Wife took the car in for a wierd vibration and josseling in the drivers side front tire area when driving over less than perfect roads and bumps. You can actually hear a wierd wobbling sound. Culprit ???

Dealership claims it is a known issue and a strut replacement will have it going soon. But ... a salesman recognized the car and asked my wife when and where she got it. Said the previous owner was a long term client and was having multiple repair issues with front end noise. She "must" have sold it as they could not ever get to the route of the issue and solve it. (he did not know that wife brought car in for that issue)

So .... an uneasy feeling is over me that something maybe wrong and that other than the quick guess , this may become a long term issue. Since I own a Corvette as my daily driver , I really need no further headaches. Getting Chevy to fix anything right is .... well ....
    Email me your VIN number: ron@ctsowners.com
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Killrwheels is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Vette Z51, 06 SRX, 08 CTS DI, 10 Lacrosse CXS

Re: NEWBIE .... Help Needed 03 CTS Suspension / Strut Issue

Many thanks Ron for the help and insight into this particular car. When a strut fails prematurely on multiple occasions, what else could be the missing link. Would the steering rack , ujoints, or "any" other suspension be suspect ???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.