Rear View Video Monitor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Rear View Video Monitor in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi everyone. I just installed my rear view video monitoring system on my 2004 CTS and it works great. I ...
    IRWINVET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rear View Video Monitor

Hi everyone. I just installed my rear view video monitoring system on my 2004 CTS and it works great. I had my neighbor stand in back of my car with his 3 year old son and I had no problem seeing his son even though he is short.

The color video camera that I used was a color camera with 400 lines of resolution. I mounted this camera in the lower right licence plate frame hole. The size of this camera is 0.5" X 0.5" and is about 0.6" long. In the mean time I ran the wires into the bottom of the trunk lid. Untill I get my small monitor mounted, I am runing this camera wireless and I am using a tunable 2.5" LCD miniature TV to monitor the rear view. The picture is broadcast quality. I will be working on my blind intersection monitor as soon as I complete this project.

My Cadillac dealer wanted a demo when I am finished. Anyone one else put in a rear view monitor?

Have a great week. Irwin

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Rear View Video Monitor

tells us more i want one for my truck

jsw029 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am interested in adding a rear-view monitor. However, I am not a do-it-yourselfer and will have to pay someone else to do it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

wratran is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

how much is the system...and where can i get one?

IRWINVET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi everyone,

I didn't purchase this system. I designed it and started to assemble it over last weekend. I will try to take a digital picture of the camera that I have mounted in my licence plate hole and put it in my next post.

Like I said I am running this system wireless until I figure how I am going to run my wires. I built a small LCD monitor that I expect to use. I have the navigational system and I figured that I might be able to use the monitor if I can get a schematic but I didn't want to get into the system and screw it up. I am a retired Engineering Manager of a high tech Laser company. Since I retired I have been coming up with a number of my own ideas. Several I have started on for my own use.

As far as the camera system goes I would imagine that you could purchase one from a company call Super Circuits in Texas. The color camera that I am using was featured in the 2002 Guiness Book of Records as the smallest color video camera. I believe that they have a review monitor system for truck or large vehicle available but its a large system. You can get a catalog and look at this system. Their number is 1-800-335-9777.

If I can be of any help let me know. Have a great week.

Irwin

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.