Rear View Video Monitor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Rear View Video Monitor in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi everyone. I just installed my rear view video monitoring system on my 2004 CTS and it works great. I ...
    IRWINVET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rear View Video Monitor

Hi everyone. I just installed my rear view video monitoring system on my 2004 CTS and it works great. I had my neighbor stand in back of my car with his 3 year old son and I had no problem seeing his son even though he is short.

The color video camera that I used was a color camera with 400 lines of resolution. I mounted this camera in the lower right licence plate frame hole. The size of this camera is 0.5" X 0.5" and is about 0.6" long. In the mean time I ran the wires into the bottom of the trunk lid. Untill I get my small monitor mounted, I am runing this camera wireless and I am using a tunable 2.5" LCD miniature TV to monitor the rear view. The picture is broadcast quality. I will be working on my blind intersection monitor as soon as I complete this project.

My Cadillac dealer wanted a demo when I am finished. Anyone one else put in a rear view monitor?

Have a great week. Irwin

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Rear View Video Monitor

tells us more i want one for my truck

jsw029 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am interested in adding a rear-view monitor. However, I am not a do-it-yourselfer and will have to pay someone else to do it.

wratran is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

how much is the system...and where can i get one?

IRWINVET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi everyone,

I didn't purchase this system. I designed it and started to assemble it over last weekend. I will try to take a digital picture of the camera that I have mounted in my licence plate hole and put it in my next post.

Like I said I am running this system wireless until I figure how I am going to run my wires. I built a small LCD monitor that I expect to use. I have the navigational system and I figured that I might be able to use the monitor if I can get a schematic but I didn't want to get into the system and screw it up. I am a retired Engineering Manager of a high tech Laser company. Since I retired I have been coming up with a number of my own ideas. Several I have started on for my own use.

As far as the camera system goes I would imagine that you could purchase one from a company call Super Circuits in Texas. The color camera that I am using was featured in the 2002 Guiness Book of Records as the smallest color video camera. I believe that they have a review monitor system for truck or large vehicle available but its a large system. You can get a catalog and look at this system. Their number is 1-800-335-9777.

If I can be of any help let me know. Have a great week.

Irwin

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.