Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2005 CTS has a whine....

Re: My 2005 CTS has a whine....

Quote Originally Posted by jrcase
    The service advisor said to bring it in. I asked if this was a common problem to see what he would say. He said he has had a few cars that had a howl and they replaced the whole differential. He said it was far from common, however. My fear is that I will go through the swap and get the same part with the same result. I have read on these forums that GM has made a new and improved differential (different part number) but my dealer knew nothing of this. NOT a good sign. Also, I worry about the BRAND NEW CAR being taken apart and not be the same afterwards. It is nice and tight and rattle free now and I want to keep it that way. I hate this.....
    Replacing the rear diff will not induce interior rattles, if it does you have far more serious problems to deal with.

When they ship the differential, does it come with the required fluid already in it? Also, I understand there is a special additive needed (limited slip fluid) or is that only for the CTS-V?

Special additive for limited slip differentials is the standard in the auto industry. One oil manufacturer that I am aware of, Amsoil, claims their diff fluid does not need the additive and some very high power tuners agree with Amsoil's claims. For me, use a bottle of the additive. Cheap insurance......

Anyone know if the fluid is already in the differential when shipped?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12