Bought my new 2005 CTS today and have a few questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Bought my new 2005 CTS today and have a few questions in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; First of all I have read the owners manual and could not find the answers. Here goes: 1) On the ...
    jrcase is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bought my new 2005 CTS today and have a few questions

First of all I have read the owners manual and could not find the answers. Here goes:

1) On the DIC, is there a way to make the radio station and RDS information stay on the screen all the time instead of the clock? There is no clock/station display button anywhere I could find. There is an information/clock setting on the configure setting, but when set it to one of the four display buttons and I press it , it shows the station information for a few seconds then goes back to the clock. The owners manual says something about a station display/clock button..... I can't find it.

2) While I was driving the car back today, I was playing with the radio/XM radio. When I turned the power off, the whole DIC went blank as if I powered down the whole thing. Everything went away (outside temp, clock) and all was blank until I powered it back up again. I did this several times. Later when I got home and restarted the car, I noticed when I powered the radio down the clock and information line (outside temp.) stayed there and only the radio powered down. What did I do different. Did I change a setting somehow?

3) Under clock setting, there is something called "station time". What is that? How do I adjust it? Owners manual says nothing as far as I can see.

4) Last question.....I promise. My salesman said he activated my OnStar this afternoon via online. As of now (11:00 pm) I am still njot activated. Does this typically take a while?

Thanks for any tips.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M STaR 013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Bought my new 2005 CTS today and have a few questions

first off, congrats on your new CTS. i wish i had the diversity antenna! now i will try to give your some advice on the questions u asked:

1) i know what you mean about showing the information and it only staying for a few seconds, but i dont think there is a way to keep the info constantly on. it will always go back to the clock. if there is a way to do it, i havent found it either, so you're not alone!

2) seems a little weird. maybe your are turning the car entirely off and a door was open, thats why the DIC turns off? other than that, i have no idea!

3) the station time setting only works if the radio station that is currently playing carried RDS signals to the radio. if it does, the radio can set the time to the radio station being used right now. i guess it can save some time on setting the clock or something? i just set it the old fashioned way, with the knob!

4) if i remember correctly, i think the OnStar features will be fully activated within 24 hours, so if it STiLL doesn't work after 24 hours, maybe check in with your dealer.

i hope i gave you some helpful feedback, and enjoy your CTS! i am enjoying mine! i'm lovin' it more than mcdonald's!

Quote Originally Posted by M STaR 013
    first off, congrats on your new CTS. i wish i had the diversity antenna! now i will try to give your some advice on the questions u asked:

1) i know what you mean about showing the information and it only staying for a few seconds, but i dont think there is a way to keep the info constantly on. it will always go back to the clock. if there is a way to do it, i havent found it either, so you're not alone!

2) seems a little weird. maybe your are turning the car entirely off and a door was open, thats why the DIC turns off? other than that, i have no idea!

3) the station time setting only works if the radio station that is currently playing carried RDS signals to the radio. if it does, the radio can set the time to the radio station being used right now. i guess it can save some time on setting the clock or something? i just set it the old fashioned way, with the knob!

4) if i remember correctly, i think the OnStar features will be fully activated within 24 hours, so if it STiLL doesn't work after 24 hours, maybe check in with your dealer.

i hope i gave you some helpful feedback, and enjoy your CTS! i am enjoying mine! i'm lovin' it more than mcdonald's!
    Thanks for the reply. As for #2, I was going down the highway when I was pressing the power button. Humm.....that is strange. Maybe I have a faulty unit. I will keep my eye on it. Thanks again!

I have not been able to duplicate that problem (#2) again. I do notice, however, that when I turn it off, the screen will go completely blank for a 1/2 second or so before the clock and information line comes back on. Is this a normal thing?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.