Long island 05 cts owners who want to keep dic and want an aftermarket navigation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Long island 05 cts owners who want to keep dic and want an aftermarket navigation in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Everyone i found a guy who's going to hook up an aftermarket navigation while retainig steering wheel functions onstar and ...
    scoundrel111 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6L Raven Black Volant CAI,V-Exhaust,to many to list

Long island 05 cts owners who want to keep dic and want an aftermarket navigation

Everyone i found a guy who's going to hook up an aftermarket navigation while retainig steering wheel functions onstar and chimes as well as keeping the dic. Hes going to take out my stock cd player and put the navigation in there. This is the job you may have seen on the forum already. I've been researching for a while and the best i got was from a dealer who said he can relocate the stock non bose unit to the trunk and put the navigation in the spot were the oem unit was. I really didnt want that as i wanted to see the dic. Then finally as i was preparing to make arrangements with the dealer ( and thank god the guy told me he was going on vacation and to call him back to make arrangements in a week) dan from dts performance emailed me saying he can do the job and he does it to tons of bmw's already. So i made an appointment for this coming tuesday (8/25/09) and i'll report back. Hes's also replacing my stock sub and amp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Long island 05 cts owners who want to keep dic and want an aftermarket navigation

Updates with pics please.

This is something I want to do in the near future. I am anxious to see how they handle the electronics in the stock head unit. Is he going to modify your stock radio bezel? Or use one of the aftermarket ones?

Oh, and I am planning on replacing the head unit and the amp, but keep all the stock speakers. Any reason why you are replacing the sub? Just want more bass? I am assuming the bose speakers in my car are good enough to handle an aftermarket head unit and amp.

Re: Long island 05 cts owners who want to keep dic and want an aftermarket navigation

Yes, he's going to modify the bezel. I want more bass so thats why I'm replacing the sub and amp. I'm planing on putting in new speakers as well (just the front door and back doors) and eventually a remote starter and alarm. Where are you located? I'll update with picks by the end of this coming week.

Chicagoland.

I am very intrigued by this.

As am I. I can't wait. It's like Christmas.

Trouble81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts-80 coupe deville

what shop in long island is doin this? i wanted to do the same thing how much is it costing if you dont mind im in ny and not that far to have it done also thanks

Its going to cost $800 with all the harness and wires ( you need a wire harness for stering wheel functions and another harness for onstar as well as the radio harness). I had found a dealership that would relocate the factory to the trunk for $650, but i really diodnt want it in the trunk i wanted to be able to see it. This other guys charging me $800 and installing a new sub and amp ( which i bought already). I really didn't care how much it cost, i just wnated it installed. I prob. could have gotten it cheaper if i haggled with him, but since hes doing the amps i settled for $800. Its custom work and it's going to take all day so i think its a pretty good deal.

For what you say you are having done, $800 seems quite reasonable to me.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

I really love to see the out come of the aftermarket radio installed inside the factory radio. And what he used to fill in the gaps and what not.

KOT

Trouble81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts-80 coupe deville

post up pics when its done i might come down and have mine done

I should have it tomorrow so i'll post pics ASAP.

Got the car back today and boy is it sick. If you thought the pictures on the forum were sick wait to you see it in person. Dan from DTS Performance came through and he was worth every penny. I took pic's but i have to resize them when i get to work tomorrow, i really don't know how to resize on my Mac because I'm still pretty new to it. I should have some pics up by non NY time.

Here they are Pics of the new unit with DIC and new sub and amp in the back. Enjoy.
    Attached Images

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

I like the sub and amp set up. Could you tell me what size sub is that? Would you mind asking the installer what kind of modification, if any, did they have to do?

Thanks,
    KOT

The sub is a 10 inch sub. I went 10 inch because i thought it would fit in the original hole, but it didn't. My guy had to make the whole a little bigger for the sub to fit had i known that i probably would have went bigger. The whole system sounds amazing. If the weather permits me, I'm going to install new speakers this weekend.

Will

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.