Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  GT! 
#1 ·
i want to get a oil cap that says mobil 1 , 5w30 on it... turns out the v comes with it factory, does anyone know if these will fit? or is there a sticker i can get to put on the oil cap i currently have?? its just a small thing ive wanted for a while.. doesnt have to be a chrome oil cap...im not really sure they quality of those, ide rather stick with a GM OEM cap.

#3 ·
well apparently i got ripped off in that department...mine looks very basic...i just took a pic but the file is too big......it just has a pic of a oil can on it and little waves that look more like water than oil lol

#5 ·
yup...thats mine and that is the one i was looking at buying. they do look identical with the exception of the writing.

#7 ·
ya. i wonder if yours is a aftermarket cap...because i dont think gm actually put a recomindation for mobil 1 except for the V...just a thought.

#8 ·
Well I am guessing that the previous owner must of done it. Or either when she had the oil changed at the dealer, i gathered that from the car fax, the mechanic must of done a switch...

Here are a couple of pictures of my oil cap for my 06 CTS and my other car, 04 Grand Am. And yes, they fit on each others engines. I just read the owner's manual. And it shows the one from the Grand Am as being the one that I should have on my V6 CTS. But it could also be that I have the sports/luxury package. Who knows.

KOT

#9 ·
I've got the Mobil 1 cap on my car. It only had 19K miles on it when I bought it a month & a half ago. The original owner had it titled in a trust so I doubt it was someone who would have changed out the cap. It could also be a case where GM Lansing ran out of the regular cap and substituted the Mobil 1 cap.

#10 ·
My '06 3.6L had a Mobil1 cap.
The CTS runs on synthetic & I'm pretty sure the manual recommends Mobil1 Synth.

Just go to your local junkyard & take your pick, rather than paying more & waiting via fleabay

#13 ·
Hey ghettomike, I think I remember you having a 2003 CTS and you live in Canada, right? The reason I ask is because it appears you have the old style oil cap. If you've ever had oil leaking from your valve covers, especially during the winter, you may want to upgrade your pcv system to the new set-up which requires a new oil cap. I'm not sure if the new cap fits on the same way as the old one, but just in case you do upgrade your pcv system at some point, it might sway your decision which mobile 1 cap you get, only if the old and new caps are in fact different.

#14 ·
H2oman I remember remember reading about that service bulliton...does anyone know the bulliton number or part numbers needed??
It was something about water freezing right?
I don't actually drive my car in winter but now that you mention it I guess I should just get that done, also, yes my valve cover is leaking on the driver side a little and the passenger side was replaced last summer.

#16 ·
My driver side valve cover was leaking too! Yes, I have the pdf document which includes part numbers and complete instruction. I can't remember where I got it (online somewhere). I'll try to post it tonight. I got the kit from my local cadillac dealer, it took them like a month to get it, because they had to put a spac (?) case on it. Total cost was around $100, and was pretty quick to install. It's a genuine cadillac part and has the emblem printed on it, it's pretty cool looking in my opinion...I also think cadillac should give these out for free since it's a known issue with almost every winter-driven 2003 CTS...

#18 ·
thanks.
i thought i saw 2 different ones at one point. one is a update and said to disregard the first one. it was similar but i think the 2 holes were to be made a little bigger.
ill see if i can find it....i think my dad had it on his computer.

#19 ·
this one (05-06-01-007A) should be the new update that replaces the old one (05-06-01-007). the two holes on the vent hose adapter should be increased from 1mm to 4mm. i would be curious to see if you found an even newer version. let me know so i can go back and change something if i need to. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.