Trans cooler lines pulled out of radiator??? - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Trans cooler lines pulled out of radiator??? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK I don't take pride in being a prick but all that stuff he mentioned is in ...
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: Trans cooler lines pulled out of radiator???

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
    I don't take pride in being a prick but all that stuff he mentioned is in the FAQ's as a critical repair/ recall. Then he wants to bash GM/ Cadillac for it, when its his own negligence that caused the issues. It just pisses me off. People like this leave bad reviews but never fix the issues at hand. I have 85k on my car. All recalls have been fine, all critical replacement parts have been installed, catch can, trans cooler etc. I've had no problems.
    i gotta say... GM dropped the ball when it came to the rad and tranny cooler lines.
    there is no service bulletin or recall notice for them.

these aftermarket "fixes" yes will solve the issues, however they are not gm approved, so if by some chance you have a 07 and under warranty then you do any of these mods they void your warranty for the parts of the car that the mods are affected by.
    its like buying a hockey stick cutting it too short then trying to return it because you screwed it up.
    they designed the car, they should be liable for all common issues, especially the tranny cooler lines.
    now, mine is a 03, generally there is a 10 year statute of limitations on most legal clauses, so im sol either way.

Wojciech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi,

Had similar problem.

My car is from 2009. Is the problem occur in this models?

I parked my car and I smell oil.

Look under the hood and I noticed little bit of oil in the left corner.

I wipe it and took the car for cruising. I drove in few modes, easy driving, kick down, manual mode.

Trans works fine. I opened hood and I haven't notice leaking.

It is possible for temporary leaking because of high pressure (run hard from junction, spin the wheel a bit)

Steering fluid and coolant looks good.

holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

Check the 2 lines at the rad. If there is fluid, the lines are leaking. No if, ands, or buts.

Wojciech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

OK,

Today I also spent some time with my Caddy

What I realized, that wasn't trans fluid that was coolant !!!

But there is no leaking any more.

But one thing. There is kind of coolant hose joint. I noticed one clamp is broken only 60% of clam cover the hose.

I think the coolant gone there when I stopped in traffic and temperature increased. (No signal about it on dash board) So I have to replace clamps anyway.

But is anyone can explain the coolant hoses connections? The join what I'm talking about has two hoses. One is going to the cooler second one to the plastic cover (is this thermostat?) and from the cover to the cooler.

EDIT:

Ok I know it is Auxiliary Water Pump mounted for LLT engines

holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

Can you post a pic or post one elsewhere and point us to it?

Maryscott is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Mine is - 2006 and this has happened twice!!!
    1st time cost 1,200 this time 300.00
    Plugged the year old radiator n bypassed with a tranny cooler !!!
    Hope tranny didn't blow!!! No warnings or leaks
    And yes while driving up hill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.