Trans cooler lines pulled out of radiator??? - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Trans cooler lines pulled out of radiator??? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; 150,000 miles or 5 years ... (and personally i think that you should do it at 100,000 miles or 4 ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Trans cooler lines pulled out of radiator???

150,000 miles or 5 years ... (and personally i think that you should do it at 100,000 miles or 4 years at most)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If its going to save the radiator how about every two years ?

Chris, is Dexcool pink or orange ?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

dexcool is orange
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

stclaircj is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Lux/Sport

This problem just hit my 03 CTS. I posted a specific question in the forum here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2958589

Any help would be greatly appreciated as to how to reconnect the fittings with a new radiator. It's the only piece of the puzzle I'm not quite getting.

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by stclaircj View Post
    This problem just hit my 03 CTS. I posted a specific question in the forum here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2958589

Any help would be greatly appreciated as to how to reconnect the fittings with a new radiator. It's the only piece of the puzzle I'm not quite getting.
    Here's another one. He speaks russian so it can be a puzzle trying to understand him, but he's got pictures and comments you might find helpful.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...on-cooler.html

skottypa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac CTS

DO you remember where you bought the rad? I bought one for $260 and now my Transmission coolant lines will not fit in my new rad. There is stupid quick connectors on the new rad. Not the screw in type like my original rad.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by AL BoTz View Post
    i had the same prob. i was driving and saw smoke come ou of the back of the car... i pulled over and all my tranny fluid was on the street. the connection on my radiator from the tranny broke off.... dont know how snapped right off. $300 for a new radiator and i put it in myself. $80 for fluids (anti freeze and tranny fluid).. think your friend got ripped off
    DO you remember where you bought the rad? I bought one for $260 and now my Transmission coolant lines will not fit in my new rad. There is stupid quick connectors on the new rad. Not the screw in type like my original rad.

bowdon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2007

Here is what happened to my 2007 CTS with 83000 miles on it last week. I was in Buffalo, NY on business with customers. I dropped of my customers at the airport and was driving to the hotel. The car was not speeding up but the RPM's were going higher. I happened to be next to a AAMCO dealer and stopped. They said they would look at the car in the morning. They called aroud 10:00 am and told me that it looked like the tranny cooler ( defective) let go. They said that the tranny could be damaged. They took it apart and found that the cooler let go and mixed the coolant with the tranny fluid. 4,300 dollars later it was fixed( rebuilt tranny,new cooler and converter), but this was just the start. The sensors for the crank and cams are defective and the timing chain also has to be changed. So far this 2007 CTS with 83,000 miles has cost me around 6,300 dollars. I can't believe the lack of quality that Caddilac is putting out there to the public. I will be filing a complaint with Cadillac Canada to see if they "will step up to the plate" with some type of compensation. I know, it will be said "out of warranty" by 9 months but the millage is only 83,000. I will most likely be selling this CTS because I can't trust GM anymore. I tried but I will be going back to the Japenasse for the quality they have. I had a Honda with 300,000 miles and never needed parts except for a wiper motor. They even honored a warranty 40,000 miles after it was finished, something GM should consider, ethics. I hopefully with get at most 15,000 Can for this CTS. Bowdon

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by bowdon View Post
    Here is what happened to my 2007 CTS with 83000 miles on it last week. I was in Buffalo, NY on business with customers. I dropped of my customers at the airport and was driving to the hotel. The car was not speeding up but the RPM's were going higher. I happened to be next to a AAMCO dealer and stopped. They said they would look at the car in the morning. They called aroud 10:00 am and told me that it looked like the tranny cooler ( defective) let go. They said that the tranny could be damaged. They took it apart and found that the cooler let go and mixed the coolant with the tranny fluid. 4,300 dollars later it was fixed( rebuilt tranny,new cooler and converter), but this was just the start. The sensors for the crank and cams are defective and the timing chain also has to be changed. So far this 2007 CTS with 83,000 miles has cost me around 6,300 dollars. I can't believe the lack of quality that Caddilac is putting out there to the public. I will be filing a complaint with Cadillac Canada to see if they "will step up to the plate" with some type of compensation. I know, it will be said "out of warranty" by 9 months but the millage is only 83,000. I will most likely be selling this CTS because I can't trust GM anymore. I tried but I will be going back to the Japenasse for the quality they have. I had a Honda with 300,000 miles and never needed parts except for a wiper motor. They even honored a warranty 40,000 miles after it was finished, something GM should consider, ethics. I hopefully with get at most 15,000 Can for this CTS. Bowdon
    Want to know what I think? I think that you don't know anything about cars and got screwed over. I've seen this happen to plenty of guys just like you. It's sad that you can't get under your own hood and inspect a little to see for yourself yet you blame GM but I think it's your lack of knowledge on vehicles is what the problem is. You're a sucker and you got suckered... That's my opinion.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK

Want to know what I think? I think that you don't know anything about cars and got screwed over. I've seen this happen to plenty of guys just like you. It's sad that you can't get under your own hood and inspect a little to see for yourself yet you blame GM but I think it's your lack of knowledge on vehicles is what the problem is. You're a sucker and you got suckered... That's my opinion.
    Don't hold back, tell us what your really feeling lmao!!!

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

The timimg chains are warranted up to 10 yr./&nbsp;193k km, I believe. You must have gotten the letter.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    Don't hold back, tell us what your really feeling lmao!!!
    I don't take pride in being a prick but all that stuff he mentioned is in the FAQ's as a critical repair/ recall. Then he wants to bash GM/ Cadillac for it, when its his own negligence that caused the issues. It just pisses me off. People like this leave bad reviews but never fix the issues at hand. I have 85k on my car. All recalls have been fine, all critical replacement parts have been installed, catch can, trans cooler etc. I've had no problems.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

I know why they call you "shortstack" You have no idea who I am or what I know about vehicles, quite an assumption to take!! This car was purchased from a dealer, it has been registered with Cadillac Canada two days after I purchased it. It have been dealer maintained since then. I did get one recall, on a vent hose for the rear diff. If I don't know about something I get an expert to look and inspect the vehicle and tell me what the verdict is. This is my second attempt at GM and both times I have been left at the side of the road. I have been driving for over 40 years, and think I am quite knowledge about quality and reliability of vehicles. If this was a recalled part, I would have been notified in writing, I was not. I have had Japanese, and German vehicles and they have been dealer maintained and I have never has issues like I have had with GM. My Honda was 6 years old, had 175000 KL on it and I had a problem with the motor and computer parts. Honda stepped up to the plate and it cost me nothing. We will see what GM will do with a vehicle that only has 83,000 miles on it!! I liked the look of the CTS when I purchased it, but it seems that the "fit and finish" and quality of the drive train is not what it should be.
    You are very brave to make statements as your previous email states without knowing who or what I do for a living, you might be surprised. I must also assume that you are not a very happy person, except when you sit behind the wheel of your CTS and pretend you have a quality vehicle with your "one" friend
    Bowdon

I did not see anything in the FAQ's about the recall or critical repair for the tranny cooler/hoses.

Please attached the links that show that the tranny cooler has a recall, make sure it states North America, since I am in Canada and recalls might not apply.

I would be curious to see the recall letters ( copies) for the tranny cooler, and where it states about the timing chain warranty for 10 years.

This is all news to me.
    Regards,
    Bowdon
    ghettomike and ghettomike like this.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

On a slightly less angry note...

I am looking forward to getting my Hayden temp gauge and Swirl-Cool tranny cooler installed first thing next month. Transmission fluid life is down to 33% so its about time for a flush/fill, and I might as well kill this transmission line goblin before it surfaces. I was actually going to get this done a while ago, but foolishly bought a stacked plate B&M cooler and gauge that had 3/8" lines/fittings. Just a little FYI, our transmissions use 1/2" lines, so purchase your cooler accordingly. Or take it to a shop that doesnt care about adding restriction. But, I have the right one now, and will certainly post an update once its installed.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

The timing chain warranty is an extension of the OLM resetting recall. Since you have such an ongoing relationship with your dealer, I'm sure he would look it up for you & provide copies.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.