DIY Replace Cabin Air Filter - Pictures - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, DIY Replace Cabin Air Filter - Pictures in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; [quote=ogamiitto;2319637][QUOTE=454Casull;2247322]ewill, any advice would be appreciated Did you ever get this resolved? I would suspect that you could just get ...
    454Casull is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L 6MT

Re: DIY Replace Cabin Air Filter - Pictures

[quote=ogamiitto;2319637][QUOTE=454Casull;2247322]ewill, any advice would be appreciated

Did you ever get this resolved? I would suspect that you could just get new clips to replace the ones that are "MIA"?

Michael
    Never got around to replacing the clips. Still don't know where to get them, but I didn't look very hard.

GT!
    GT! is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Silver 2010 Sedan 3.6 AWD

Nice write-up. Just did this now and thanks to this was done in 15 minutes. First time changing the cabin filter on my '03. It was a little blacker than the one in the photo above

-GT

454Casull is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L 6MT

[QUOTE=454Casull;2320281][quote=ogamiitto;2319637]
    Quote Originally Posted by 454Casull View Post
    ewill, any advice would be appreciated

Never got around to replacing the clips. Still don't know where to get them, but I didn't look very hard.
    Tried getting the clips but they only come with a full housing... pain in the ass to replace - you need to remove the battery and a couple of brackets and it's hell putting everything back together.

ktr-sb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 3.6L 2WD

Man, you CTS guys have it tough. On SRX, no tools required.

srxturnsignals.shutterfly.com

jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

For the most part the pictures help. On your vehicle, study what you're removing and how so you can re-assemble. Beyond that, I had no problem finishing mine (except as noted, 7mm fasteners).

The filter will look very dirty.

Thanks Gattaca.

signal40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS Sport Luxury 3.6, 2002 STS

Thanks for such a great step-by-step. Photos are awesome too!
    Keviardi and Keviardi like this.

rogersks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Just done this took about 10mins! Thanks to this write up!!

toolman4537 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport 3.6

Thanks for the excellent write up and pics. It took longer to go to three different stores to find one in stock than it did to change it!

mat1898 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

[QUOTE=Gattaca;1852978][B]This last weekend I replaced my cabin air filter. This filter has about 15,000 miles on it.

Step 1) Put your Wipers in the UP Position:

Step 2) Locate the location of Cabin Air Filter and Remove the weather stripping:

Step 3) Remove these 4 bolts with an 8mm socket and slide out:

Step 4) Remove the plate that covers the air filter. In this picture it is the black plate right behind the battery. There are 2 tabs on each side that just lift up.

Step 5) Remove the Air Filter and match it up with your new one. Look to make sure that the Air Flow face the right way. Facing the inside of your car.

. The cabin filter will have an air flow direction like this one.

Step 6) Install the new cabin filter in its place. I squeezed the filter to make it easier to go in.

.Also notice the placement of the filter. I tried for 5 minuets to try to put it under these top clips before I realized that the filter does not go under them.

Step 7) Install the plate back in, it goes in this direction:

Step 8) Reinstall the Air Inlet cover and strip. You're done.

Enjoy your new filter and be glad you just saved yourself $65 in labor. My local Goodyear Service station wanted to charge me 45 mins. of labor. I would say this took 25 mins. to do since this was my first time doing it. Next time it should take me 15 mins. The filter cost me $25 at Pepboys

THANK YOU! for taking the time not only to explain but to post pictures! It's nice to see there are some EXTRA-nice people around.
    I need to save as much $$$ as possible. Made $100K when I bought my car. Division of Co. I worked for closed, now make $45k Tough time in MI

skippydts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS AWD - Black inside and out

***BUMP***
    This looks like pictures of an STS cabin air filter change, just like mine. Mine was simple. Just like the pictures showed. My filter was black with chunks of leaves. I doubt it has ever been changed. The new one is white as clean snow.... excited to see what kind of difference it makes. I also added vent spray.
    very nice write up....

spiketoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by skippydts View Post
    ***BUMP***
    This looks like pictures of an STS cabin air filter change, just like mine. Mine was simple. Just like the pictures showed. My filter was black with chunks of leaves. I doubt it has ever been changed. The new one is white as clean snow.... excited to see what kind of difference it makes. I also added vent spray.
    very nice write up....
    So did changing it make much of a diff?

mattfranz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Not sure why this is different from mine but I just did mine today, simple opening of the airbox that existed on my car with two Phillips screws and pulling it out and putting the new one in. Nice write up though whatever this is for (maybe newer CTSs)

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfranz
    Not sure why this is different from mine but I just did mine today, simple opening of the airbox that existed on my car with two Phillips screws and pulling it out and putting the new one in. Nice write up though whatever this is for (maybe newer CTSs)
    You must be talking about the air filter for the engine. This thread is talking about the air filter for the cabin, where the driver/passengers are.

KOT

mattfranz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Ohhh I misread the title

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Now that you know about the cabin air filter... You may want to purchase one and replace it. Unless you've already done it lately. ha

If it hasn't been done in a long time, and milage, you will notice a difference when done.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.