2003 CTS Rough Idle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 CTS Rough Idle in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi; I have a 2003 CTS with 52k original miles. It has a very rough vibration at idle and cant ...
    komobu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

2003 CTS Rough Idle

Hi;

I have a 2003 CTS with 52k original miles. It has a very rough vibration at idle and cant figure out why. When driving, its fine. It has all the power on passing that you can want. Just vibrates real bad when stopped. The MIL is not illuminated and there are no diagnostic codes in memory. Any idea what it may be?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Re: 2003 CTS Rough Idle

have you changed the oil recently? or had any maintenance done to it lately?

Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

I think most of them do that. I complained to the dealer and he sat me in another 2003 3.2 and it had the same rough ideal. The dealer said there is nothing they can do.

I cleaned the injectors and replace the plugs and nothing helped. Someone said there is a service bulletin on this but what it does is raises the RPM to around 800 at ideal. That doesn't fix it, it's a work-around. I've gotten used to it. The car runs great on the road.

Spyke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT

do you run your car on premium gas or regular? Did you try an injector cleaner? Try the GM system cleaner for the injectors twice with premium gasoline. one tank with cleaner+ premium... another tank with cleaner + premium nd see if it helps.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

AmericanMuscle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Rolex is right - it may just be the throttle body. He has provided very good directions on cleaning it DIY.

bigboycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

i had the same problem on my cts 04 everytime i stop i get a rough idle and sometime it felt like my car was gonna shut off , so i took it to the dealer and they found what was the problem was.They told me it was the timely chain belt and they had my warranty check it out and they cover the cost , and that was the last time i had that problem , hope this info help u

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.