schematics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, schematics in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; does anyone know where i can find the schematics to my bose amp. car is apart, and i am trying ...
    thiczle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

schematics

does anyone know where i can find the schematics to my bose amp. car is apart, and i am trying to hook up the LOC. dont know which pin has the wires for the stock sub. I have a 2003 CTS wires on sub are different than the wires on the amp

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

yomommas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS, '79 Coupe DeVille, '78 Sedan De Ville, '77 Firebird

Re: schematics

STOP!! you don't have to tear your car apart. if all your doing is hooking up an LOC for subs you can simply tap into the wires at the sub. there's no need to mess around with the wires at the amp.

yeah, i get that, but there isnt enough room for me to get my fingers up there to splice in the wires.

you should at least be able to see the metal inputs on the sub. just wrap your wires around those. i used the kind of taps that you just clamp down onto a wire to get a connection. you CAN do it. you've got to pretty much lay on your back, in the trunk, to get a good view (and grip) on things.

o.k i did it your way. now here is the problem...... i hooked everything up, and i will explain in detail how i did it.

first i bought an LOC. now the LOC has 4 wires for the input, and 2 RCA outputs. i took the matching wires form the input and put them together for left and right. ( right positive with left positive, and left negative with right negative).

2. i pulled wires from stock sub, and put them with the wires from the LOC, then hooked them back up to stock sub.

3. put speaker box in trunk, and hooked up the RCA jacks to the LOC RCA jacks.

4. disconected battery

5. ran ground to frame

6. ran power to battery

7. ran the other wire (what is it the remote power, or automatic power. i cant think of it right now) to the ccp fuse under the passenger seat.

8. hooked up battery, and vwala.. it is working.

Now everythioing is sounding great, im hitting hard, its sounding good, i hae good adjustment. after about an hour listening to my CD's and adjusting it i decided to switch to the radio. so i lowered the volume, and switched to the radio mode......WTF....my subs flatlined so to speak. it made a solid base line, like bbrrrrrrrrrrrrt. (not like you can hear me imitating it or anything.) and it is doing this everytime i switch radio stations, or to cd mode, etc

so now the volume is fluctuating on me, and its not hitting hard like it was. Its like the factory amp is shutting the base down on me, and lowering, or cutting out.

SO now what? I'm f***en PIST OFF.... Done messing with it for tonight, threw my hands up, and just walked away..

I am gonna search the forums to see if anyone had this problem while installing their subs to the stock system. if you know the answer, maybe you can save me some time.....LOTS of time. thanks

try turning the gain down on your amp. i used to have this problem (still do as a matter of fact- if i turn the gain on my amp past a certain point i get the continuous bass line until i turn the car off- as opposed to just when i switch sources). one of my solutions was putting a switch on the remote wire and turning the amp on and off manually before switching sources. a ground loop isolator is a good way to go as well. if you have the bose system it's gonna cut the bass as you raise the volume, but the volume shouldn't fluctuate erratically.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.