Nav or no nav for aftermarket upgrade?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Nav or no nav for aftermarket upgrade? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi, While looking around and doing research I see it is a real pain to upgrade the stereo on cts's. ...
    wi03cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Nav or no nav for aftermarket upgrade?

Hi,

While looking around and doing research I see it is a real pain to upgrade the stereo on cts's. I am used to being able to buy the kit just rewire stuff and pretty much plug in the new harness and you are good to go run the wires to the sub/amp etc and few hours later your system is ready.

My question is which would be easiest to upgrade. A cts with the navigation, the 6 cd bose 8 speaker, or the 7 speaker sound system. I DO want to be able to use my ipod and hook up my sub/amp that is why I am wanting to put a new headunit in but really didn't find any information about what I am asking. Ever post I read says about splicing wires and cuting and all that no harness to just plug in and go.

I haven't been able to find any good writeups on putting a new headunit in. I would just like to make it easy for myself unless there is a easy way to hook up a ipod then which setup is best so I can make it easier on myself when searching for a car. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Nav or no nav for aftermarket upgrade?

Bump anyone?

yomommas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS, '79 Coupe DeVille, '78 Sedan De Ville, '77 Firebird

not enough of a difference to matter. it's a pain in the ass, period.

Quote Originally Posted by yomommas View Post
    not enough of a difference to matter. it's a pain in the ass, period.
    Alright so should I just try to find one with a nav/bose system and not even screw with it? Is there adapters I can buy to make my ipod show up on the navigation or on the normal 6disc cd thing or do I need to splice wires?

nopi08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I dont think there is a way to display your ipod on the cts interface

mjs0202 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by nopi08 View Post
    I dont think there is a way to display your ipod on the cts interface
    That is correct. The best compromise is a unit that plugs into the factory radio and uses the CD changer fucntionality. You can select up to six play list using the F keys but it doesn't display any info from the iPod.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.