2003 3.2L CTS Rear Carrier howling between 38-41 mph - dealer say "air rushing noise"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 3.2L CTS Rear Carrier howling between 38-41 mph - dealer say "air rushing noise" in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi All, I have a 2003 CTS 3.2L with the automatic trans. Back at the end of september last year, ...
    pick-a-part is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Lots of CTS-V's

2003 3.2L CTS Rear Carrier howling between 38-41 mph - dealer say "air rushing noise"

Hi All,

I have a 2003 CTS 3.2L with the automatic trans. Back at the end of september last year, the carrier broke, and the dealership replaced it with a brand new one. But about 2-3 weeks ago, I noticed this "howling" noise that occurs only between 38mph and 41mph, but it gets real loud around 40mph. From what other owners ive met and what the forums say, this looks like a rear carrier issue, does it not? I thought it was odd, coming from a rear carrier with only 2,000 miles or less, but I took it into the dealer. They kept it two days, then said it was "air rushing past the fuel lines." I asked the dealer if they were kidding, as ive owned this car for 7 months now, and never heard this noise until now, and they said no that was the problem, and there was nothing they would do about it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Im fairly confident its not "air rushing past the fuel lines."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dadalowery is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2003 3.2L CTS Rear Carrier howling between 38-41 mph - dealer say "air rushing no

I have had that same noise but havent heard it in about a month. To me it sounded like a dog howling, lol. yes i know that sounds funny but its true. it didnt last very long...maybe like a few seconds but it did it a couple times.

pick-a-part is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Lots of CTS-V's

Re: 2003 3.2L CTS Rear Carrier howling between 38-41 mph - dealer say "air rushing no

Mine sounds like that, almost like a whistling. Ive had it for 3 weeks, and it ALWAYS happens between 38-41mph.

madam4343 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

I have an 05 cts and had the same sort of howling noise and it turned out to be a hanger bearing. The dealer replaced the driveshaft and no more problem.

freddo213 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS SPORT/LUXURY PACKAGE

i had the same problem on an 2005. took it to the dealer and the differential was no good. they put a new one and problem fixed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.