should I buy this 03 CTS for $6500??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, should I buy this 03 CTS for $6500?? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; It has 122,000 miles and is a 5 speed. I will check out the rear suspension knock, and front suspension ...
    chevybelly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE...yet....ex 91 Deville

should I buy this 03 CTS for $6500??

It has 122,000 miles and is a 5 speed. I will check out the rear suspension knock, and front suspension wobble when this week. I am just afraid for newer cars electrical issues and outragous dealer prices. But for $6500 I thought it was reasonable. I owned a 91 deville and the engine ended up going bad. Despite that, I fell in love with Cadillacs. I rebuild engines now and am in the process of restoring a chevy nova with a 460ci big block, TH350 motor and 10 bolt rear end. I can do most of the work, its just I am worried about parts prices and electrical failures. Althought if I do buy the car, I will get that new gtech pro egs tachometer with built in OBDII analysis. I will search more on the forum about high mileage 03-07 cts' but wanted you guys feed back. THANKS!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

keithbowling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: should I buy this 03 CTS for $6500??

my opinion is yes, i think its a steal even if it does have a couple minor issues, and my 03 has 130k and ive not had any touble out of it, especially not electrical wires, knock on wood. and by the way, what year nova are you doing? ive got a big block 66 chevelle and big block 55 chevy 210, but my current project is a 68 camaro w/ a small block, yeah i know i hate to break the trend, but they are just such a b*****d to work on w/ headers.

nuskool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS w/ performance pkg, 18" wheel pkg

I read quite a number of reviews b4 we bought ours and the 03's had significantly more issues than later years. Is it a good deal? Probably, but you never know if you might be buying a headache. Then again at 122k anything that was going to go wrong probably already did.

I call it a toss up.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

How about one with half the miles, an Automatic trans and a luxury package for only a few grand more? I just took it in- Black Raven with Gray Interior, it doesn't have any wobble or clunk in the suspension, and I'd sell it for $10k plus taxes and fees.

Here's the basic information- ignore the asking price. http://www.plazacadillac.com/VehicleDetails/345727183

Give me a call if you're interested.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

dirtyleft is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2003 with 89000 miles on it i would let you have it for 7900 not much more than the one you want to buy. Automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbowling View Post
    my opinion is yes, i think its a steal even if it does have a couple minor issues, and my 03 has 130k and ive not had any touble out of it, especially not electrical wires, knock on wood. and by the way, what year nova are you doing? ive got a big block 66 chevelle and big block 55 chevy 210, but my current project is a 68 camaro w/ a small block, yeah i know i hate to break the trend, but they are just such a b*****d to work on w/ headers.
    Its going into a 78, 2 dr coupe. Nice collection of cars. dont worry about breaking a trend, if I could do it over, I think I would start with a SB. rebuild kits are dirt cheap, and you can get them to scream with the all of aftermarket heads and cams out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nuskool View Post
    I read quite a number of reviews b4 we bought ours and the 03's had significantly more issues than later years. Is it a good deal? Probably, but you never know if you might be buying a headache. Then again at 122k anything that was going to go wrong probably already did.

I call it a toss up.
    Thats what I was thinking. If the suspensions are weak, then after 122k it should of been fixed or will stand out when I test drive her. as for the mileage, I plan on getting a back up engine/trans and rebuilding them. Maybe a LS motor. There are a few dealers in the area but most have automatics. From my experience, a crappy driver is the biggest reason for engine, transmission failures and manual trannies are more forgiving. Most people just mash an automatic not taking in consideration shift points. Maybe its just me

mikes2nd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I would say pass. Is it a 3.6? Eh manual...

keithbowling is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by chevybelly View Post
    Its going into a 78, 2 dr coupe. Nice collection of cars. dont worry about breaking a trend, if I could do it over, I think I would start with a SB. rebuild kits are dirt cheap, and you can get them to scream with the all of aftermarket heads and cams out there.
    well, when you get the nova done, lets see some pic's of how it turned out, i had a 79 at one point, they are fun to drive. and thanks about the collection, and your right, any more you can do so much to a small block that they will run with a big block easily through the quarter mile, but where they seem to lack is where im looking for, low end torque. but like i said, keep us updated on the nova, im interested to see what kind of times it puts down.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.