P0341 Code 2004 CTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, P0341 Code 2004 CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Rekkid "P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance" is the generic code. More specifically for the CTS ...
    GT!
    GT! is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Silver 2010 Sedan 3.6 AWD

Re: P0341 Code 2004 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkid View Post
    "P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance" is the generic code. More specifically for the CTS it means:

DTC P0341 Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance Bank 1
    DTC P0346 Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance Bank 2
    DTC P0366 Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance Bank 1
    DTC P0391 Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance Bank 2

The exhaust banks are on the far left and right on the front of the engine and the intakes are on the inside front, closest to center. Bank one is the right (or when standing in front of the car looking at the engine, it's on your left.)

Here in Canada, I was quoted $68 for a sensor.
    Anyone have any pics of this (Intake Camshaft Position Sensor bank 1), or a more precise description of where to find this? Also, is this an easy DIY? Mine is a 3.2L (2003).

Thanks.

-GT

agahnim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Did you get this fixed? The code just started poping up on my 04, 3.6L.

How much did it run you?

WickedGoat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2/2004 GTO/2004 GMC Yukon

More or less, this means that cam sensor may be on its way out the door. You can check the connector harness to make sure it is fully seated and not damaged in any way and you can also check to make sure that the wiring itself is not damaged in anyway. You can also test resistance in the sensor to make sure it is within spec, if not, replace it. If you are going to pull it off to attempt cleaning it, you may as well replace it. Most auto parts stores you should have this in stock or be able to order it if you want to avoid the dealership. For the DIY guy, repalcing it is probably the best bet.

s_tharsan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport

I had this exact same code on my 04 CTS 3.6L. I felt jerking in my car and the check engine light kept coming on with the P0341 code - Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance Bank 1. I replaced the sensor but the problem still came back. Then I received a MSG from another forum member stating that the CTS sometimes puts out a camshaft sensor error when there's no or low engine oil, and sure enough I had no oil in my car. I filled the oil and the problem and codes disappeared.

So start with checking your oil, I know it sounds stupid and basic but illuminate that. If your oil is full then post back and I'll send you a diagram of exactly where the sensor is and how to replace it.

Good Luck,

Tharsan S.

jimsimm1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: P0341 Code 2004 CTS -- didn't need to change my CMS

I hope this helps and saves some money for someone here: I've had the P0341 code and thought I'd have to replace the CMS but I also had the oil leak caused by the cold weather PCV problem which I didn't upgrade. So once I changed that AND cleaned up all the oil around the spark plugs and dried off the coil pack springs that fit into the spark plugs, I didn't get the P0341 code again ever. I had read on another forum for some other GM car (can't remember what model) and someone had mentioned that oil on the coil packs can cause shorts that will give the P0341 code. Sure enough, it worked for me in my CTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.