Wagoner Brags About Raising CTS Prices
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Wagoner Brags About Raising CTS Prices in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Not what I want to hear. He says they have raised CTS pricing $790 since it was introduced. Read about ...
    b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Wagoner Brags About Raising CTS Prices

Not what I want to hear.

He says they have raised CTS pricing $790 since it was introduced.

Read about halfway down the story.

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/...8_20030618.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Typical Big 3 mentality. When the Dollar drops and imports cost more, what do they do? Give the American consumer a better deal? Nope, they raise the prices.

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Hot Rod,

Impala has been raised $695 just this model year.
    Which was a $1000 more than theyear before.

But has a $3000 rebate!!

I will wait till late August to order my CTS in the hopes there is special financing when the car arrives on the dealer's lot 6-8 weeks later.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: Hot Rod,

This is nothing new, when the LS400 came out in the late 80's, it was way underpriced. Once it built a reputation, the price went up. CTS is popular, and if the market will bear the price, then so be it

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by b4z
    Impala has been raised $695 just this model year.
    Which was a $1000 more than theyear before.

But has a $3000 rebate!!

I will wait till late August to order my CTS in the hopes there is special financing when the car arrives on the dealer's lot 6-8 weeks later.
    Thats what Buick should do to get more sales. Raise the prices $3000 without saying anything, then advertise a $3000 rebate.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Wagoner Brags About Raising CTS Prices

Just last night I went and updated all the prices on the Cadillacs on our front page.. They all went up a little bit...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Wagoner is a TOTAL IDIOT and I tend to ignore everything he says. It usually just pisses me off anyway.

Justin83NJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I think the CTS is still a bargain. It was a steal at $29,990. It handles amazingly, looks like nothing else on the road, and it's a Cadillac. I personally don't think anything in the price range can compare.

I think they could get away with raising the base price even more, but they have to do something about the expensive options and limited combinations of options. I'm sure those things turn away plenty of buyers.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Why shouldn't GM raise CTS prices?

Detroit - and particularly GM - sacrificed their 'upscale' nameplates on the altar of mass sales, starting in the mid '60s.

It pretty much destroyed all of them - no one regards Buick as anything special now, Oldsmobile is gone, and Cadillac is a rebuilding project.

And so far as I can tell Wagoner is the first decently capable head GM's had in at least a couple decades.

scourge Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JEM
    Why shouldn't GM raise CTS prices?
    Because we are in an economic turndown and Caddy hasn't proven itself enough to warrant the price increase. Other cars can be had that can be viewed as better for the same price or less (one to two years old as well). If Caddy can prove its quality is becoming the world standard again, then a price increase could be warranted.

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    Because we are in an economic turndown and Caddy hasn't proven itself enough to warrant the price increase. Other cars can be had that can be viewed as better for the same price or less (one to two years old as well). If Caddy can prove its quality is becoming the world standard again, then a price increase could be warranted.

Where are the quality probems on the CTS?

scourge Guest

Its too new right now and Caddy has had a quality/image problem for decades now. Coming out with some new unproven cars with higher prices may not prove to be a successful move. Marques like Lexus, BMW, Mercedes went for years establishing themselves before moving upmarket. Yeah, Caddy has a long history, but as is the case all to often in life..."what have you done for me lately?"

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Im in half agreement. If they can raise the price of the CTS, and still sell their target amount of vehicles, then more power to them. But I do think the SRX and XLR might be coming out overpriced a bit. They should try to build a base, especially with the SRX, before they come out priced with the germans.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    This is nothing new, when the LS400 came out in the late 80's, it was way underpriced. Once it built a reputation, the price went up. CTS is popular, and if the market will bear the price, then so be it
    Its the same way with the new Q45 and the STS...... You can get a new Q for much less (around 45k fully loaded), and the STS is about 50k..... The new Q is faster, has a better ride, and is overall better (at least IMO ) than the LS430, but it costs 20k less......

The STS is a good value too.... It has about as good of technology as anything else on the market, but because there is not a big demand on them, their not that expensive......

I think that if cadillac raises their prices and can still sell as many cars as before, more power to them...... But, there will be a point where their sales will decline due to overpricing... Then they will be screwed!

I also think the XLR is way overpriced.... What is it, about 70k??? I think if they offered it around 50k, they would have TONS of sales, due to its oodles of technology and other goodies, and still have a great value! How many 2 door convertible caddys do you see driving around (that arent allantes)

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    Its too new right now and Caddy has had a quality/image problem for decades now. Coming out with some new unproven cars with higher prices may not prove to be a successful move. Marques like Lexus, BMW, Mercedes went for years establishing themselves before moving upmarket. Yeah, Caddy has a long history, but as is the case all to often in life..."what have you done for me lately?"

For the last few years Caddy has been consistently in the top five in owner reported quality. ONLY Lexus has consistently rated higher. Statistically, the quality rap just doesn't cut it anymore. Like em, or hate em, but you can't blame anything on contemporary quality. This isn't 1995. IMHO

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.