Brake system failure
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Brake system failure in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm new to the Cadillac forum and I have a question. I have a 2007 CTS with the summer performance ...
    wareagle95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Unhappy Brake system failure

I'm new to the Cadillac forum and I have a question. I have a 2007 CTS with the summer performance package and have had 4 brake system failures on start-up. Each time after start-up all three service lights on dash light up (T/C, ABS, Brake) and it drives like the parking brake is on. The brake controller was replaced the first time 5 months ago, then day after Thanksgiving same problem; controller replaced. Next day, same problem; dealer found pin connection problem in wiring harness to brake controller (after a month of testing problem and duplicating issue). Today, same problem after driving car for 4 days. Each failure has occured when the car has been driven for a 30 minutes or more and has been sitting for greater than 45 minutes but not longer than 3 hours. Has anybody else had brake system failure or brake controller failures.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Brake system failure

Hello and to the forum. Jeeze, I've never heard of that problem, or the "summer performance package" for that matter. Are you the original owner of the car? Seems like such a serious issue would be basis for a lemon-law buyback. Good luck to you.

Sarah

wareagle95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Yea, I am the orginal owner and I miss-spoke about the 'summer' part. The car has the "Performance" package. And I have reviewed the TX lemon law and contacted a lawyer. We'll see what the dealer has to say on Monday.

-JC

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

it definitely sounds like you got a LEMON...that is definitely unfortunate, but make sure you mention to the dealership that you have a lawyer and that you plan on making this an issue in court...that usually gets the ball rolling. hopefully this doesnt leave a bad taste in your mouth about CTS' cause they are great cars

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.