...Maintenance Practices...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, ...Maintenance Practices... in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; i have a gee whiz ? for everybody on here...after reading alot of these post and hearing the problems other ...
    txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

...Maintenance Practices...

i have a gee whiz ? for everybody on here...after reading alot of these post and hearing the problems other people are having, has anybody done the 30k, 60k, 90k and so on maintenance that is "recommended"? and if so, have they ever found any things wrong with anybody's car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

Re: ...Maintenance Practices...

My warranty ran to 100k miles because I had the extended and I let the dealer do all of that. At 100k I had to pay the dealer to do the timing belt. After that the warranty was over and I started to do the maintenance on my own. I did the plugs, t-stat and idler pully. Thanks to the men and women on this forum, there is a lot of help out there.

Cartdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

I can almost betchya..that if you dont have a warranty..they can almost 'always' FIND something to fix on your car. And they can 'recommend' all day an night......just to get you to pay for something. I know that Lindsay isn't like that...but I've seen enough to know a lot do it that way. If they think you're a sucker...you'll get it...

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

CARTDAWG...i completely agree that when it is no longer under warranty they will always find something wrong, but i know for certain that they have to check certain things if you bring your car in for those scheduled 30k, 60k and so on inspections...and for some of the problems i have read about on here, it seems as if they should have found these problems before they got as bad as they did...

Cartdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

Yea...I dunno tho..I think it truely depends on the tech that checks your car. If he/she feels like 'checking' it.....they will. If the don't feel like it...they can just check off their list that they did it. I had a Nissan Altima before this, that I did one of those xxk mile services, and checks on...and I KNOW they didn't 'check' a thing after fixing what they were supposed to. Guess it all depends on who you get, and where you're at. I hate not being able to watch whenI drop my car of for anything......I want to watch and make sure stuff is being done like it should be...but then again, they hate me because I don't take it to them unless it's a definite warranty issue. Then they screw me by telling me I can't have a rental car UNTIL they check it out, and deem it 'warranty'...which..by that time I can have other transportation sorted out. Pain all the way around. So they get me back....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.