is this option possible
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, is this option possible in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm looking online at a base 2005 CTS (without the lux option) and the description says it has heated seats. ...
    chevyhighperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

is this option possible

I'm looking online at a base 2005 CTS (without the lux option) and the description says it has heated seats. The picture of the center console has two rectangular buttons to the left of the passenger cup holder. Were heated seats available without the lux option?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bosnian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Re: is this option possible

Yes the heated seats are available without the Luxury Option. I got a 2004 CTS base model and they work.

I think the difference with the luxury model is you get the programmable seat positions and the passinger mirror asissts you when you parallel park or osmtehing similar.

Matt55330 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS

by you description of the switches it sounds like a tint shop special

chevyhighperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    [QUOTE=Matt55330;1718321]by you description of the switches it sounds like a tint shop special[/QUOTE

Thanks for the replied. Is this correct location for the seat heater switches.

Spyke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT

no, those switches for the heated seats are on the climate control panel not on the shifter

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

No they should be located below the screen that has the Climate Control, in that button group.

I actually meant above, but I was too late anyways!

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

heated seats came standard on all CTS's in Canada...for such a cheap option, im surprised it wasnt standard in the U.S...if it wasnt

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Matt55330 View Post
    by you description of the switches it sounds like a tint shop special

yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    no, those switches for the heated seats are on the climate control panel not on the shifter
    There is different layouts I guess, Mine are located by the Coffee Cup Holders, but I have seen the ones taht are located above by the Climate Controls.

But start the car and go turn them on and you will see that they work.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

^^^Bosnian, Youve got a European CTS, which Id guess the OP has as well. Its normal and its OEM. Some of the guys on this forum forget that the US isn't the only place this car is sold...

If the OP DOESN'T have a European CTS, then this could be a tint shop special.

Other differences between the N.A. CTS and the CTS sold in other countries include AUX inputs in the center armrest, rear Foglights, and moved seat heater controls. There are a couple other differences too...There was a 2.6L (based on the 3.2L) sold in 2003 in Europe, and I THINK the Euro CTS never got the 3.73 LSD...

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    ^^^Bosnian, Youve got a European CTS, which Id guess the OP has as well. Its normal and its OEM. Some of the guys on this forum forget that the US isn't the only place this car is sold...

If the OP DOESN'T have a European CTS, then this could be a tint shop special.

Other differences between the N.A. CTS and the CTS sold in other countries include AUX inputs in the center armrest, rear Foglights, and moved seat heater controls. There are a couple other differences too...There was a 2.6L (based on the 3.2L) sold in 2003 in Europe, and I THINK the Euro CTS never got the 3.73 LSD...
    Hmm, so is that a good or bad thing lol.
    I got the 3.6L, what are the main differences between the versions?
    Now I am really itching to get a carfax to see the whole history.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

BOSNIAN...if your car was originally purchased overseas in Europe somewhere, there might be a chance of your carfax report not being exactly correct...i am in the military and spent quite a few years over in Japan and in Europe, and i quickly found out over there that they really dont have or keep a great history on cars like we do in the US. there "lemon laws" favor the dealerships alot more than they favor the customer as well...when they actually say you get what you pay for over there, they actually mean it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.