New Grille installed!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, New Grille installed!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Alright....Haters commence!! lol This IS the Ebay grille...the 'knockoff'. Thanks to JCS for the emblem! It worked out well! Couldn't ...
    Cartdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

New Grille installed!!

Alright....Haters commence!! lol

This IS the Ebay grille...the 'knockoff'. Thanks to JCS for the emblem! It worked out well! Couldn't have done it without him!! Thanks again!

Comments are welcome!!! I'm pretty excited, and think it look pretty good myself......let's see what ya'll think!!!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

Re: New Grille installed!!

Why does your emblem outshine your grille?

Not gonna lie, the finish doesn't look to great. Hopefully it doesn't rust over the years. Congrats on the purchase. And congrats on finding a free emblem for it, that was really cool of another forum member to send you his spare one

Enjoy your car & grille

PS, with all that money you saved on the emblem, you can become a supporting member now

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    Why does your emblem outshine your grille?

Not gonna lie, the finish doesn't look to great. Hopefully it doesn't rust over the years. Congrats on the purchase. And congrats on finding a free emblem for it, that was really cool of another forum member to send you his spare one

Enjoy your car & grille

PS, with all that money you saved on the emblem, you can become a supporting member now

I see what you're sayin...and honestly, it's my lights in my garage. I have those flourescent things, and it's shining all over that emblem for some reason..cuz they're right overtop of where the pic isl.

And the finish...yea..it is suspect. Hell..I won't lie..I was so pissed when I got it in the mail yesterday, because it was actually discolored in two spots. I had to go buy a can of chrome finish spraypaint, and fix the two small spots. ANd I do have to say, that it actually worked. I bitched to the dude that sold it to me..and he didnt say nothing to me alllll day yesterday..so he's refunding me part of the grille.

IF it does happen to start discoloring again (this is ghetto I know)...I can just touch it up with that chrome spray paint..it actually did a hell of a job..can't tell a bit that I painted over it..but the spots were so small anyway..

But..I'll stop rambling..

I've been a supporting member before for about 6 months..then I stopped...my wife kept asking where 5 dollars went....lol..for real...so it had to stop..but I did it for a little while!

Send him a message & tell him to refund your money, keep bugging him until he does. good luck.

*edit*

and tell the wife to

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    Send him a message & tell him to refund your money, keep bugging him until he does. good luck.

*edit*

and tell the wife to

I've been going back and forth with him...He wanted me to send it back to him for them to send me another. ANd I had told him I already had my stock grille off, and was taking a trip. SO I couldn't send it back to him, and I had put the emblem on it already. I had to work on that emblem...the way they have it..it's difficult to get it right. The center crest is actually higher than it should be....but unless you're real picky..and I am....you won't notice to a regular person. Only guys like all of us will know...

For $100...I think it does look good. Yea..it's not OEM GM..But I saved $300 too...my wife's happy..so am I..

BTW...I'm 6'1...good sized.........and she's 6'0...and played volleyball in college...built like a brick shithouse...so I wont' be telling her anything... lol

jcs003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

looks good jeremy. the only difference that i can see is the wire gage looks smaller. but i dont think it changes the actual appearence unless u get a side-by-side. i would have paid the $100 but my girl bought mine as agift and said i should get the GM grill.

YuraB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I think it looks great. I think that Cadillac Kid probably stared that picture for an hour to see anything wrong with it, Because I can't see anything.
    V-grille owners will always mock the eBay grille, even if there is nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by YuraB View Post
    I think it looks great. I think that Cadillac Kid probably stared that picture for an hour to see anything wrong with it, Because I can't see anything.
    V-grille owners will always mock the eBay grille, even if there is nothing wrong with it.
    negative.

If you had a real one, you'd see it in a second.

oh btw, time difference between 1st & 2nd posts is 7 mins

Quote Originally Posted by jcs003 View Post
    looks good jeremy. the only difference that i can see is the wire gage looks smaller. but i dont think it changes the actual appearence unless u get a side-by-side. i would have paid the $100 but my girl bought mine as agift and said i should get the GM grill.

Thanks John! I agree. Certainly I woulda bought the GM grille....but she wasn't havin that...and I really dont think I coulda bought it for that much personally...but I dunno...Unless I had 400 layin arouind that I just didnt know what to do with..lol

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

you get what you pay for...but it is an upgrade to the factory grille and it looks way better than the regular factory grille...

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    you get what you pay for...but it is an upgrade to the factory grille and it looks way better than the regular factory grille...
    Very true indeed.

My advice...seriously to anyone going back and forth...is really save for an extra month, or two, or three..however you're saving...and buy the GM OEM grille. That way you KNOW what you're getting, and it's the actual thing.

I'm happy with the grille, really I am. And I like the way it looks, b/c it DEFINITELY beats the stock grille..... But I have a hard time believing this thing won't rust out or anything.....hope it proves me wrong.

spaceman78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Angry Re: New Grille installed!!

Give me v-grill

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

looks fine

Thanks for the comments fellas. Appreciate all of em.....even if they are 'bad'..lol It's all good.

I'm happy with it...dude gave me $25 off of it too...so I got it for a little less than $100.

Pretty easy to install it..but those pins ARE a bitch on the grilles!!

afterdigital is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 05

hey cartdawg,

where did you get the emblem? how much? i need one...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.