03-07 v. 08 +++
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 03-07 v. 08 +++ in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; does anyone agree with me in saying the 1st gen CTS look better(exterior) than the 2nd gen.?...
    jcs003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

03-07 v. 08 +++

does anyone agree with me in saying the 1st gen CTS look better(exterior) than the 2nd gen.?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

Re: 03-07 v. 08 +++

I do. The interior also has parts that I think look better than the 2008 version. This entire thread will be opinion-based though. Not sure what the point of it is?

i just want to see if its more of a pride thing. i also think the gen of my eldorado is one of the best designs also. in my opinion the new CTSs are removed from the sleekness of the 03-07.

Yeah, the CTS went from sharp (03-07) to trendy (08-09).

ndmath02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I disagree, but not by much. The a$$ end of the 08 awesome looking IMO. The front looks great but I think it's a too different from ours. And something about looking at the 08 from the side doesn't look as good as ours either. Looks short or something

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

i think the 03-07 CTS' look alot better in multiple ways, but the one thing that truly sticks out to me that i dont like about the 08, is the back. i do not like how the trunk is not lined up with the brake light across the trunk and the taillights. it looks a bit weird to me...

Actually, the word trendy wasn't what I meant to say. Trying too hard would be a better way of saying it, if you get what I mean by that.

Personally, I think the rear end of the 2008 is the ugliest part about it. Heh... gotta love opinions. Especially when mine are always the right ones!

the 08 looks a bit bulky. the grill seems too big. the two things that are great are the options like, xocomaox said. the flared fenders are pretty cool looking als.

Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

Overall, I wish I had one but I don't like the gangster wanabee vents in the side fenders. Let Buick keep that look. Just my opnion.

YuraB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I think once the 08 CTS has a grille on it, I don't think you can can even compare the cars, it's just a whole different level.
    The new CTS looks simply just as much more of a high end car.

Cartdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

I personally love the 08's. I want one pretty bad...they're just out of price range right now, plus what we've been talking about before about what someone will give us for our cars...nothing really. They wanted to give me 13k for mine. I have 46k miles on it. Base package...

But anyway, the 08's are hot to me...I like the grilles on them that come stock...and I like the interior better. It seems with our cars....that the dash is poked out too much. So if you ever have to move the seats up...you're right in the dash. It seems they've done a little bit better with the 08's....but I also like the instrument panel layout.

I just like the overall look of the 08 better. Mine's not modded out like your alls tho. So maybe that's why you guys love yours more..lol

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I prefer the '03-'07 exterior with the exception of the grill. I think the base OEM grill on our cars SUCKS. (Which is why the sport grills and V grills are such popular mods. )

The interior of the '08+ is much nicer...however the visibility from ours is better.

geaux_tigers531 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcs003 View Post
    i also think the gen of my eldorado is one of the best designs also.
    What year is your Eldorado? My dad owns a '97 ETC and I drove it for a year. For 110k it's really a great car. And I love the looks of it.

ILLMATIK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!

Overall the 08 is a better car and its much more fun to drive. I had a stock 08 and the thing just flew from a dead stop, something our cars dont do, even with every option.

However, I agree with you on some aspects of the exterior. The first generation was uniquley enginered to look like nothing else on the market. The sleek, sexy lines really complimented the car. When you see the 08 from certain angles you just go "blah".

Regardless i want a white Diamond 08.

ndmath02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by YuraB View Post
    I think once the 08 CTS has a grille on it, I don't think you can can even compare the cars, it's just a whole different level.
    The new CTS looks simply just as much more of a high end car.
    I completely agree with this. While our cars were somewhat revolutionary because there was nothing else out that looked like them. In terms of quality, the 08 is now on par with its comp (bmw, not quite mercedes but maybe, volvo, audi, etc.). and as far as the exterior styling I see the 08 as an extension of this design and there is still nothing that looks quite like it.

My .02

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.