03-07 v. 08 +++ - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 03-07 v. 08 +++ in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I like the 08 in pretty much every way in comparison to the 03-07, I just can't afford one....
    Custom88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: 03-07 v. 08 +++

I like the 08 in pretty much every way in comparison to the 03-07, I just can't afford one.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Z View Post
    Overall, I wish I had one but I don't like the gangster wanabee vents in the side fenders. Let Buick keep that look. Just my opnion.
    Buick uses portholes. Side vents have been used by BMW,Jaguar, LandRover, Maserati (portholes) etc... They're slightly functional is most cases.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by ndmath02 View Post
    I completely agree with this. While our cars were somewhat revolutionary because there was nothing else out that looked like them. In terms of quality, the 08 is now on par with its comp (bmw, not quite mercedes but maybe, volvo, audi, etc.). and as far as the exterior styling I see the 08 as an extension of this design and there is still nothing that looks quite like it.

My .02
    What german dope are you smoking that tells you Mercedes make the highest quality cars? Of the brands you mentioned including Cadillac, Id label Mercedes as the most unreliable...with Volvo and Audi at the Top. BMW and Cadillac would be close, both being more reliable then late model MB's...

ndmath02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    What german dope are you smoking that tells you Mercedes make the highest quality cars? Of the brands you mentioned including Cadillac, Id label Mercedes as the most unreliable...with Volvo and Audi at the Top. BMW and Cadillac would be close, both being more reliable then late model MB's...
    I've known quite a few people including my dad that have owned an MB and swore by them. My dad personally inherited a early 80's Benz from his father and it never went to the shop for anything other than an oil change up until 1996 when someone crashed into it and broke my dad's heart by totaling it. A good friend of my drove the smaller volvo sedan and at the time I drove a Nissan Sentra I wouldn't have traded for it. The dash design was a flat piece of black plastic with buttons, it was hideous, however, I guess they are considered in competition. I believe I used the word quality, not unreliable. As in quality of materials used, thought put into design, etc. GM is damn near famous for using crappy materials and poor interior designs. Don't get me wrong I love my CTS and I love that it is american even though nowadays a hyundai or a toyota is almost more american than a GM or Ford. I digress, but to say that cadillac is on par with Mercedes Benz is a hallucination. When the CTS came out it was Cadillac's attempt at competing with A4's or the 3 series and they did a good job. IMO the 08 puts them on that level but still slightly under a Benz or probably even the A4. That's just my opinion

And if you want to talk reliability just look at the front page of this forum, there's 8-10 threads of people having problems with their cts "shaking violently", "only running in 4th gear","leaking oil", etc. They are great cars and one of the best automobiles GM and Cadillac has ever made but GM still has a ways to go. I guess that's a whole other story though

jcs003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

cadillac was recently said ti be the second most reliable car in the world(tied with BMW), lexus was the most reliable. this is based on repairs per 100 vehicles. it can be researched more thoroughly on consumer reports.

cadillac is semi-independent of GM, so they have their own standards of quality. to reiterate on a more practical fashion. my mechanic mark at McB autosports said they all have their issues. based on MSRP, cadillac is the best car in the world. this is my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by jcs003 View Post
    cadillac was recently said ti be the second most reliable car in the world(tied with BMW), lexus was the most reliable. this is based on repairs per 100 vehicles. it can be researched more thoroughly on consumer reports.

cadillac is semi-independent of GM, so they have their own standards of quality. to reiterate on a more practical fashion. my mechanic mark at McB autosports said they all have their issues. based on MSRP, cadillac is the best car in the world. this is my two cents.
    Good info and great to know. Do you know the details of them being semi-independent of GM?

jcs003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i read an article a while back and it has something to do with GM luxury division. i believe Saab and saturn are also semi-independent.

03cts sport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ndmath02 View Post
    And if you want to talk reliability just look at the front page of this forum, there's 8-10 threads of people having problems with their cts "shaking violently", "only running in 4th gear","leaking oil", etc. They are great cars and one of the best automobiles GM and Cadillac has ever made but GM still has a ways to go. I guess that's a whole other story though
    To be expected. How often have you seen anyone post each and everyday that they don't have a problem? Human nature to post only when you have a problem to vent, or look for assistance. I posted a while back when my tierod end broke. Prior to that, I don't recall posting any of the non-eventful events.
    Overall my '03 (the inaugral year) has been a good car, which I've been very happy with!

afterdigital is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 05

like CARTDAWG, i Looove the '08 design but i'd like to keep mine AND get a new one. I really love the 03-07 for the major 'breakthrough' Cadillac finally had after so many years of Lulling around - IMO.

The 03-07 is a design which to this day others have had difficulty standing up to. To this day that design is truly remarkable. ]

View is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Plat. CTS w/ Nav

I love the front of the new CTS, but I do like the back of the older model(03-07) better.

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

Every car has their own problems. just pick one and start making those monthly payments. You will most likely have to do this your entire life.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.