CTS problems... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS problems... in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; It's worth a try. Turn the key to on, but don't start the engine for three minutes then turn the ...
    Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

Re: CTS problems...

It's worth a try. Turn the key to on, but don't start the engine for three minutes then turn the key off. Next, start the engine.

Try this whenever the battery is totally disconnected or the electronic throttle is been flapped manually.

For the windows, roll down the drivers window, then roll it up, when it hits the top keep holding the button for more than 3 seconds. You may have to do the passenger window as well. Good luck.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Quote Originally Posted by jerrychen0067 View Post
    U NEED TO RESET THE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE MODULE after disconnecting the battery.
    READ THE DAMN OWNER's MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this was done by my local (sorry ass) dealership, and i had them reconfirm this for me this morning...still no luck there...although, i had them test the CPS and low and behold, it test bad. now my problem is, none of the local parts store happen to have this in stock, nor does the dealership. but it is on order...let ya'll know how it turns out...

There were some posts where guys recommended removing the CPS clean the face and reinstall. Is seems the metal particles from the engine collect on the face of the CPS causing it to not do its job. If the wait is long for the part, consider trying that. Good Luck.

jgabrielson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Crankshaft position sensor. Yours is the 03, do an F1&F6, itll tell you what code its throwing when it does it.

jgabrielson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-03-cts-2.html

I have a link to where you can get them at..... Advanced Auto Parts has them, there about 80 bucks +/-. You can order them online if you can get them in the stores.....

JGABRIELSON...thanks for the advice...im going to give the f1 &f6 thing a shot. as for the part, i already have it ordered and it should be here by wednesday... "so they say"

SAMMYZ...i will try cleaning the CPS and reinstalling it, but do you think it tested bad at the dealership because it was dirty?

The theory was that the build-up on the face of the sensor was causing the problem so some guys thought just cleanining it may work, but others said, if you're going though the trouble of removing it, you might as well replace it. I don't think anyone ever tested the theory. If mine ever fails again, I'm going to try and clean it. Good luck with the codes, mine never sent a code.

i tried the whole f1 & f6 thing, no codes popped up for me...i am not positive i am doing it correctly to get the codes, but i gave it a shot...i am just going to replace the thing if i am going to take it off...i definitely feel it is worht $70 to change it over constatntly taking it to the dealership and them finding nothing wrong and paying them $70 just to look at my car

well i have gotten my CPS in...and got the instructions for it...needless to say, this makes no sense whatsoever. i have found two different instructions on this, and i realize they are probably mislabeled and should be marked for different engine sizes. but has anybody changed out a CPS on a 3.2L engine? if so, could you please assist me in this project that seems to be kicking my A$$, and before i give in to the sorry ass dealership who is going to charge me another ungodly amount just to look at the car before they change out the small part and ad labor onto that amount...thanks for all the help

It's hard but not impossible to do it yourself. You will need a Torx socket, (not bit) and some string. The CPS is near the oil filter, under the car. Do a search on CPS for detail instructions and pictures. It takes about an hour. Don't bother trying to route the wire exactly like the original. I just zip tied mine away from the heat of the engine. The connector is in the back of the engine and you have to lay on the engine to get back there to see it. Pull the old wire through with the string attached so you can pull the wire through.

DONE...it was a mother to change and it took me about 2 hours to change it out, but the CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR has been successfully changed in my car...lets hope that this cures all of the headaches i have had since my problems started...

thanks everybody for your advice on the problem and how to change it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.