Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Strange results changing trans fluid-help

Pwayne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Strange results changing trans fluid-help

I just changed the transmission fluid in my 2005 CTS 3.6.

I got 5 quarts out of the drain plug, dropped the pan, cleaned it, changed the filter.

BUT I COULD ONLY GET 3.5 QUARTS BACK IN the fill hole. -help-

I jacked the car way up on one corner to push the fluid to the other side of the pan, but this only helped me get about another 1/2 quart in. I started the car and put it in gear hoping that this would make more room, but it did not.....So I am running around with 1 less quart than I took out.

How in the world do I get more in there, there is no dip stick and it seems impossible to get the last quart in through the fill plug hole. I bought one of those pumps to pump it in the fill hole, works pretty good, but as I get close to pumping in the last quart, it starts pouring out the hole as fast as I'm puming it in.

Please help I really would fill better if I could get the same amount in that I took out. Thanks, Wayne

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Strange results changing trans fluid-help

IIRC, thats normal. You have to drive it for a couple minutes, and then go back and top up the fluid. I could be wrong tho...

Pwayne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Strange results changing trans fluid-help

I did start in and put it in drive and reverse for a couple of minutes, but I didn't drive it. Now that I've driven it for a few days I guess I'll see if I can get more in.