HID Install??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, HID Install?? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Does anyone have a step by step install for HID low beams on a 2005 CTS I searched the history ...
    pjd951990 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS

HID Install??

Does anyone have a step by step install for HID low beams on a 2005 CTS I searched the history of the forum but couldnt find anything.....thankyou for your help in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Re: HID Install??

Quote Originally Posted by pjd951990 View Post
    Does anyone have a step by step install for HID low beams on a 2005 CTS I searched the history of the forum but couldnt find anything.....thankyou for your help in advance
    This is how i learned, come to think of it, I learned A LOT about my CTS from Jon.

Thank Jon for his excellent write-ups! http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal/

Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

There are two ways of doing it. I was able to do it without removing the bumper. On the passenger side, raise the fuse box and you can reach the low-beam dust cover. Remove the cover and replace the bulb. Mount the balast outside the headlight fixture.

On the drivers side, remove the air filter box and you can get access to the low-beam dust cover. Do the same, mount the ballast outside of the fixture. I have the 03 but it's got to be very similar to the 05. It helps if you don't have big hands...

shaver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Z View Post
    There are two ways of doing it. I was able to do it without removing the bumper. On the passenger side, raise the fuse box and you can reach the low-beam dust cover. Remove the cover and replace the bulb. Mount the balast outside the headlight fixture.

On the drivers side, remove the air filter box and you can get access to the low-beam dust cover. Do the same, mount the ballast outside of the fixture. I have the 03 but it's got to be very similar to the 05. It helps if you don't have big hands...

To be more specific....I would mount it on the core support.

Thanks I have a K&N intake so the air filter box is gone and the fuse box is a joke to move so I guess that means I dont have to remove my bumper thank God it sucked when I had to do that to do my lights i shoulda just done this then but forgot

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by SvB4EvA View Post
    This is how i learned, come to think of it, I learned A LOT about my CTS from Jon.

Thank Jon for his excellent write-ups! http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal/
    Always glad to help

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Always glad to help

Did it all today thanks for your help guys and btw i have no clue how the heck you did it without taking your bumper off i couldnt even get my hand in me headlight lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.