Your next car, what will it be? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Your next car, what will it be? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi, I will keep my CTS and will buy a volt, if it ever goes into production . Tom...
    dynalub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Your next car, what will it be?

Hi, I will keep my CTS and will buy a volt, if it ever goes into production . Tom

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by denniscts View Post
    I'm moving to a Lexus for my next car, had enough of the CTS with all the trouble replacing parts. Let me list them

Driver wheel bearing
    Pass wheel bearing
    Rear driver side window motor
    Thermostat
    3 Rear third brake lights (What a ****ed up idea Cadillac "NEON")
    AM/FM/Cass/CD Radio...FM went bad
    Change Onstar to digital..not cadillacs fault
    3 sensors that controlled my car starting
    2 other sensors that who knows what they did
    Soundproofing the firewall for noise...Cadillac did that for free
    Rear driver floor got soaked from plugged up air condition drain line...another cadillac brain storm
    Oh yea Headlight burned out ..That was a joy to replace..Another cadillac brain storm Idea
    and don't even start with the interior hepa filter replacement..what were they thinking $$$$$$$$$$
    Now I have a rear door sensor that says its not closed.. F*** It hit the clear button thats $300.00 to fix it

Owned Toyota's all my life never had a problem...No lets buy a Cadillac the cream of the crop someone slap me next time I even mention Cadillac when looking for a car

Lexus/Toyota is the way to go

I have a 94 Camry I gave my daughter 200,000 miles and still going strong

ALL THIS HAPPENED AFTER THE WARRANTY RAN OUT..03 CADILLAC CTS I HAVE LEARNED NEVER AGAIN BUY A FIRST YEAR MODEL CAR

QOUTE.....Anyone can afford to buy a Cadillac...just can't afford the upkeep when things go wrong..lol

So is that what you wanted to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It always sucks to get a car with all those problems. Sorry to hear that you had to deal with all that. *knock on wood* My CTS has 15k miles on it now and has not had a single problem and has never been in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    I like it, I think you should get it.
    Thanks man! I like it too, I saw it at the auto show here in NY for the first time and was shocked it was a new Pontiac.

Quote Originally Posted by ndmath02 View Post
    Rumor has it that the G8 won't even survive long enough for a second production cycle. Here's the article:

http://www.motorauthority.com/pontia...uct-cycle.html
    I read that article too, and I can see why they would do that, even more reason to get one while they last I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Black4drCTS View Post
    I think the stance is very similiar to the new CTS, i saw one comming up behind me the other day "just the GT" and at first glance i thought it was a new CTS. I wouldnt be surprised if there were many shared styling and design cues between the two. I just hope wtih the GXP they offer the 6 speed like they were supposed to in the GT-V8. But all i have ever seen, or heard of is the automatic. But other than that as i have always said, the G8 GXP will be my first new car i ever own..... i dont care what it takes or whos soul i have to sell to get it. ITs absolutely beauriful, and i really like the inside, alot more than the GTO even though they are similar.
    The G8 GXP has released official dyno numbers and is pushing 415hp and 415lb-ft, it also has a 6 speed manual option unlike its litter brother the GT.

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    I really like the look of the Lexus IS line. Sporty and sleek.

But I like to buy American, even if I am only 24 with not much experience in these matters.
    Stay American coma!

Quote Originally Posted by dannoaz View Post
    Steve,

I have pretty much the same specs in mind for my next car. I looked and sat in a V6 G8. I was disappointed with the interior. Also, the exterior did not make me slobber like the CTS does. I think that car is a step down from the CTS. When press releases started coming out about it a while ago, they made me think that it might be my next car. My initial reaction wasn't as great as my fantasy was. It is a good choice if you fall in love with it. Nice price and performance.

I wish Cadillac would offer a nice "mellow" small block (like the GXP engine or base Vette) that would offer more power than the DI 3.6, less than the V, and reasonably priced. That would really fit our desires. The new V is too over the top. Not that I wouldn't want it that way, but it is just too pricey.

Dan
    I think it is a step down from a CTS also, but only in the luxuary department. This new GXP has yet to be released and no one has has seen the new interior yet. Although when i saw it in person at the NYIAS it was clearly different and better looking then its little bro the G8 GT. But who knows what will actaully goto production and how it will look in the new GXP. It is all speculation at this point as far as interior.

Now on the performance side of things, it kicks the CTS right in the ass. This G8 GXP is pumping a, now offical, 415HP and 415ft-lb of tourque. And thats just a new intake system away from a base Vette pony power. The handling is said to be tuned up even further then the G8 GT, which was already praised by reviewers.

Thats the thing tho, it is not a "luxury-performance" class car, it is a performance car through and through tho.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptianzeus View Post
    why don't you get the new camaro SS when it comes out next year? it will have around 420hp I believe. And it looks real mean!
    A friend of mine brought this up to me too. I havent seen any pics or done any reading on it yet tho, im going to go do that now tho!

Quote Originally Posted by egyptianzeus View Post
    why don't you get the new camaro SS when it comes out next year? it will have around 420hp I believe. And it looks real mean!
    Well, did some research on that new Camaro SS, they are projecting 422HP. Very nice. The car does look nice, but there is just something that doesnt catch my attention like the G8 GXP does.

I will be keeping an eye in the new Camaro SS tho as it makes it phases and will most likely see one in person/drive one before I make any new purchases.

I have plenty of time to make a decision. And the cars I have interest in have not even been made yet. Patience is a virtue.

YuraB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The CTS and the V are stunners in the way they look, but the problems I had with the CTS, and how many problems I hear everyday from this forum makes me wonder if I should get my ultimate choice which is a V8 STS.
    Cadillac is known for their good engines that never break down and so far I see that this is true, but everything else does (struts, cats, etc.).
    My sister just got a 2008 Mercedes C350 and I hate it.
    BMW 335 is just not special around here because every guy has one.
    If I wanted HP I would get a fully modified Supra which I can pick up around here for 30,000 and that has about 600 horse power and a wide body .
    But I dont care about HP
    So I really don't know. I really want a STS because just the fact that its a Cadillac, but with the problems I don't know.

Supras have mega power, but they are GROSS and not American.

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

I'm trying to figure out why you need 400hp? Are you going to race?

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why you need 400hp? Are you going to race?
    I just need it.

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

Quote Originally Posted by SvB4EvA View Post
    I just need it.
    Okay, okay!

TotalEclipse31 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS VTXi

I love supras! LOL.

bigdawgfoxx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option

Quote Originally Posted by SvB4EvA View Post
    I just need it.
    Same here.

AmericanMuscle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

This discussion gets right to the heart of my frustration, and by the looks of it many of you all, too. That is, most of WANT to buy American, PREFER to buy American, but have to admit for all intent and purposes that American car manufacturers simply can't deliver. This, in my opinion, is what happens when the focus of a company is more on the money and financing side, and not where it should be - namely on the product, quality and innovation side.

Personally, I feel it is a damn shame that GM, Ford and Chrysler are in such bad conditions right now. For goodness sakes, they all went hog wild over finance (GMAC for instance) just like the banks. Trouble is, they aren't banks, they are major industrial companies that made consumer products that did not keep pace with better quality, more innovative competitive offerings. And to add insult to stupidity, it isn't as though the foreign competition snuck up on them. You have to wonder how they can expect to keep going when for the last 35 years they have steadily lost market share and sales! Heeeeellllooo, anyone home?

I have never owned a foreign car, ever, and my 2004 CTS has had a few minor repair issues, but I sympathize with others on this board who have had enough of fixing heir CTS all the time. Doesn't the US make the world's best airplanes, ships, tanks and submarines? So why can't we get down to business with our automobiles? It's not like the US lacks the technical expertise!

OK, at least I feel a tiny bit better now.

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

'09 CTS-V. Only thing I'd consider.

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

used 06-07 v for me but i am torn between that and the 08-09 cts. i like power too, the next gen cts is pretty modest but with some tweeking it shouldn't be too shabby. but seb i can't believe you would prefer the pontiac over the camaro. the camaro is gonna be one of the sickest rides on the street. the g8 just doesn't do it for me looks wise, it looks just like all the other pontiacs all the way down to the sunfire.

bigdawgfoxx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option

Yeah, Id take the new Camaro over the G8. An 06 V and an 08 regular CTS would be a tough choice. The interior of the new CTS just blows my mind though, it is SO much nicer than our older ones and just looks a lot better. I think I'd take an 08 Regular.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L / 09 CBR 600rr - Bazzaz tuned

well you dont like lexus so there goes the IS-F
    i have been thinkin about what my next car would be before i even bought the cts. my options are:
    is350 AWD
    CTS4
    STS4
    BENZ AWD (I THINK THE C320)
    used 06-07 V but i would also need a winter vehicle, so i could just keep my truck but i really wanted to go down to 1 car.
    basically im lookin for something awd, i love the cts, love driving it, and cant take my eyes off it, but i need awd, this car was never ment for me to keep for over 1 year, we will see how my finances work out.
    also im lookin for bran new or 1 year old at the most.

avoid BMW,,,,,i hate them...i have always said a-holes drive BMW;s and every time i see one drive by me they are cutting every1 on the road off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.