How do I know if my CTS is sport model? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, How do I know if my CTS is sport model? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by SvB4EvA "sport shifting useless" ? I dont understand that part. He's saying that with the autostick you ...
    blaausl10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 CTS Sprt/Lux

Re: How do I know if my CTS is sport model?

Quote Originally Posted by SvB4EvA View Post
    "sport shifting useless" ? I dont understand that part.
    He's saying that with the autostick you don't need the sport button.

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

There still is a sport shifting option on the 2006+ models. If you go into manual shift mode but don't shift, it will be in "sport mode" which allows the RPMs to stay high for a time during acceleration. So this option didn't REPLACE the sport mode, only added to it.

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    There still is a sport shifting option on the 2006+ models. If you go into manual shift mode but don't shift, it will be in "sport mode" which allows the RPMs to stay high for a time during acceleration. So this option didn't REPLACE the sport mode, only added to it.
    yea, nothing was made useless...

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by mattsworld View Post
    mine has everything ya'll are talking about. It's an 05 cts 3.6L, woodgrain steering wheel, woodgrain gear shifter, s button, another button above that one at the top of the shifter, 17" wheels, HID, rear sproiler, dual exhaust and does ride kinda rough..lol. so is that the lux/sport? or sport package?
    From 06 on, the wood came standard on 3.6L models iirc.

The spoiler wasn't available from the factory until 06. That was put on by the dealership or previous owner.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black4drCTS View Post
    Wrong...

The Lux/Sport, and the Luxury trims are the ones with the Woodgrain package, otherwise i believe it would have had to been a special option. Depending on the year, the Sport model would have Stabilitrack. and remember there is a difference between a CTS with the sport package and a CTS Sport (which has the unique grill, rims, and a spoiler, and exhaust tips)
    There was no CTS Sport that I knew of.
    The package you are describing (CTS Sport) is actually called the Sport Appearance Package. Besides what you listed, it also included side skirts.
    There was also another optional package on top of that. The Sport Performance package added different 18's, bigger front brakes, SS brake lines, limited slip differential and summer tires. Oh, and a strut tower brace.

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    There was no CTS Sport that I knew of.
    The package you are describing (CTS Sport) is actually called the Sport Appearance Package. Besides what you listed, it also included side skirts.
    There was also another optional package on top of that. The Sport Performance package added different 18's, bigger front brakes, SS brake lines, limited slip differential and summer tires. Oh, and a strut tower brace.
    You are kinda on the right track, here is the run down (note this is for year 2007):

Three packages pertaining to "sport"

17-Inch Wheel Sport Package includes xenon high intensity discharge headlamps,
    StabiliTrak®, limited slip differential, P225/50R-17 all-season W-speed-rated tires
    and 17-inch high-polished aluminum wheels

3.6L V6 18-Inch Wheel Performance Package includes xenon high intensity
    discharge headlamps, performance braking system, limited slip differential,
    P225/50R-18 performance W-speed-rated tires, Performance-Handling suspension
    with rear load leveling and speed-sensitive variable-assist steering, StabiliTrak, Tire
    Pressure Monitor and 18-inch mirror-polish-finish aluminum wheels

3.6L V6 18-Inch Wheel Sport Appearance Package includes all equipment in the
    18-Inch Wheel Performance Package plus sport rocker moldings, chromed exhaust
    tips, 18-inch polished-finish aluminum wheels, sport grille with chromed mesh
    accents, decklid spoiler and body-color custom rear fascia

And the Lux package for the 3.6L:

3.6L V6 Luxury Package includes heated, eight-way power-adjustable driver and
    front passenger seats; memory package for two drivers; auto-dimming inside rearview
    mirror with integrated compass and OnStar controls; Universal Home Remote
    transmitter; theft-deterrent system; P225/55R-16 all-season, blackwall,
    H-speed-rated tires; and 16-inch, bright, machined-finish aluminum wheels

To wrap it all up easily, like I said in an earlier post, rim size and finish can easily tell you what packages you have (assuming no one changed the rims at some point), also note that each package that goes down the list includes all the options of the previously listed package.

-If you have 16" rims with a painted finish you have NO packages.

-If you have 16" rims with a bright machined finish, you have ONLY the "Luxury Package".

-If you have 17" rims you have the "Sport Package". (Possible "Luxury Package" also, if you have heated seats, you have it.)

-If you have 18" 9-SPOKE rims you have the "Sport Performance Package". (Possible "Luxury Package" also, if you have heated seats, you have it.)

-If you have 18" 12-SPOKE rims you have the "Sport Appearance Package". (Possible "Luxury Package" also, if you have heated seats, you have it.)

I would also like to clarify that the StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System requires 17-Inch Wheel Sport Package, 18-Inch Wheel Performance Package or 18-Inch Wheel Sport Appearance Package.

mattsworld is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

yea I have the heated seats aswell....only thing I dont have is the navigation I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsworld View Post
    yea I have the heated seats aswell....only thing I dont have is the navigation I think.
    As long as no one played around with rims before you got the car, Ide say u have the 17" wheel sport package and the lux package then. I hope my last post was helpful.

i saw in another post u said your ride is rough, you most likely have the FE1 suspension and that is the plushest ride for a CTS, it should not be "rough". I have the FE3 suspension which is a little harder then the FE1, but I wouldnt consider it rough either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.