Painting Foglight Housing?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Painting Foglight Housing? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ok, so i just bought the gmsolution curved clear fogs from a forum member who was willing to sell them ...
    Mk3SJerzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Cool Painting Foglight Housing?

ok, so i just bought the gmsolution curved clear fogs from a forum member who was willing to sell them (thank you btw) i was wondering if anyone ever tried painting the foglight housing black, the actuall inside of it, the metallic looking reflecter material? i know the light probly wont shine as bright b/c of the reflection, but i can only imagine it looking good. No?yes?maybe?

**i have seen many post on installing them, and putting them in the oven and what not, and i have found a very detailed post on it, but for a "handy" person, you guys make this seem like its going to take me all weekend to do this. Is it really THAT HARD, or are people exagerating?

Thanks again, you guys are awesome,

Mk3

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

Re: Painting Foglight Housing?

It's not hard and when you're done you say, that wasn't so bad, but then you have to do the 2nd one. The thing that eats uo time is the epoxy drying time. It took me about 2.5 hrs each side.

BTW, I'd advise against painting the housing black. the heat in there will peal the paint off.

denniscts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Your welcome for the clear lenses

Thanks again

mattsworld is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

could you post the link with detailed description? I plan on doing this once I can find a set of lights to buy.

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

It would be awful if you painted the inside of the housing black, unless you plan on never using the fog lights.

here is the link.........http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-writeup.html

its pretty detailed, the only thing missing is the pictures. im hoping once i pop off the plastic protector its going to be self explanatory. It seems like you just put them in the over, take off the new old plastic, get some apoxy, put the new one on and your finished. Doesnt seem to hard.ill try and post pics if i end up doing it this weekend.

yeah your right, probly bad idea. probly not painting them lol

blaausl10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 CTS Sprt/Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Mk3SJerzy View Post
    here is the link.........http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-writeup.html

its pretty detailed, the only thing missing is the pictures. im hoping once i pop off the plastic protector its going to be self explanatory. It seems like you just put them in the over, take off the new old plastic, get some apoxy, put the new one on and your finished. Doesnt seem to hard.ill try and post pics if i end up doing it this weekend.

yeah your right, probly bad idea. probly not painting them lol
    You also have to trim the metal center divider. It's not hard by any means. Good luck with it.

ok, now your confusing me lol can you explain that further in detail. Im not sure what you mean by trim the metal center decider...

i havent even opened up the bottom yet except to change my sidemarkers (which i did myself with vinyl and it looks just as good) so im still in the dark with all of this.

Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

You'll understand once you pull the old lens off. The aluminum divider that seperates the fog light from the signal light will stick out a little too far. I was able to trim it down with some household scissors. No big deal but it's another step.

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Finished product for some motivation:

blaausl10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 CTS Sprt/Lux

Heres a close up pick for ya. You can see the center divider I was talking about.

i think i know what your talking about, i plan on starting tom, so, i will post my end results, hopefully good lol. thanks for the pics, your car is sick, both of them. i dont know how your cars look so clean, mine never looks like that! now we just have to figure out how to paint the lights, which i heard you cant do! ....thanks for the response's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.