Overhead Console/Map Light Bezel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Overhead Console/Map Light Bezel in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi guys, I recently had to get some work done to my aftermarket sunroof, they had to remove the headliner ...
    khpappas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L - Black/Black

Overhead Console/Map Light Bezel

Hi guys,

I recently had to get some work done to my aftermarket sunroof, they had to remove the headliner and replace a module (sunroof stopped working in the open position) and I managed to break the clips that hold the overhead console that houses the map lights/dimmer just above the mirror. Anyone know a good source of this part? GMpartsdirect wants $110, and I called a few salvage yards but they dont seem to have any CTS's. Ebay has a few but they want almost as much as new if you add shipping.

Any ideas?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LS6TT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS

Re: Overhead Console/Map Light Bezel

Lindsay Cadillac...or ebay

Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L

I have the same problem. My clips aren't broken but the damn thing doesn't stay in place. It will for a week but after hitting some bumps it will fall back down. I can't think of any way to keep it up there.

I don't have a sunroof, so maybe I can get it cheaper? It's weird because the clips aren't really clips. Terrible design IMO.

khpappas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L - Black/Black

I think I'll just put up the cash and but it new from GMpartsdirect, I gave Lindsay a e-mail, maybe they have it cheapter.

xocomaox, Try this. When I removed the light console in the rear of the car, I noticed they had put some glue on those "clips" and stuck it on there to better hold it in place, that may work in your case if they are not broken. I know, terrible design. I'd rather have to open a little flap and have access to a screw or two.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Okay so I actually wrapped electrical tape around the two pieces that actually go into the "clips" to provide more outward pressure on them and they actually stay in very well now. So that, at least, has been solved.

Okay I just noticed the date on this. I am not that lazy, just forgot to respond to this thread!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.