trans issues after TSB flash
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, trans issues after TSB flash in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I currently have a 04' CTS LUX with 44k miles that I got about 3 weeks ago. long story short. ...
    domokun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

trans issues after TSB flash

I currently have a 04' CTS LUX with 44k miles that I got about 3 weeks ago. long story short. when I first got the car, when the car was cold, I could feel the car downshift ( say doing 50 and coming to a stop light, and I hit the brakes, I could feel the car go from 4th to 1st ) I also got the 40-55mph chug. so I did a search and seen taht it was a issue on a lot of cars, so GM came out with the TSB. well my Ex GF's dad worked ( he just quit yesterday ) for a gm dealership so he flashed my car for the TSB for the new trans module and the new engine PCM update.

well after doing those 2 things, its seems the transmission is slipping ( warm or cold ). say Im leaving a stop light. I push the pedal 1/2 way. the car will go ( wont slip ) but right when it shifts from first to second, I can hear the car shift, but it till hang, then kinda take a while to shift (1sec-1.5 sec, not smooth like it should ) then FINALLY it shifts, in the mean time the RPMS jump up about 300-500 after this shift. also if I push the pedal a lil harder in the middle of the shift, it will bang the gear where it actually jerks the car. ( seems to do this for 1-2 and 2-3 sometimes )

do you guys have any ideas? I DO know the transmissions has a lil learning time, but Ive put on a good 100 miles since the flash with the same issue. also, sport mode shifts fine. do you think the flash didnt upload correctly? or the trans is Eff'ed up? trans fluid is low?

thank you in advance

also, any guys taht DID get this flash, can you tell me what you experienced? thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT

Re: trans issues after TSB flash

dont worry.. when I updated the pcm or ecm or whatever cm they have in our car, the transmission seems to slip for approx 1000 kms (600 miles or mabe a little less then 600). So just dont worry about it. Its learning and learning and learning. Dont worry I think they did a great job, but I know its a weird feeling!

domokun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

are you sure about that? did yours really do this for about 500 miles?

I thinking Im going to take the car in to get an alignment ( need one anyways ) and get the trans serviced, and get the rear fluid swapped for some amsoil gear oil ( I got the whine )

Spyke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT

I'm 100% sure about that. Even my girlfriend was like: give it a try for another 300 miles and then, if the problem is still there, go back at the dealer. But everyday, the problem seems less present (it was learning. It would wait a lot before shifting to make sure you don't press the accelerator harder).

549 miles to be exact on the weird transmission shifting (I checked my odo reading on both bills from dealer at one week interval)

bo3adsa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): White diamond 05 CTS 3.6L Euro

I agree with spyke.
    Your car is learning based on your driving behavior. By time you will feel the shifting is much better. The only good advice is to warm-up your car in the morning at least 5 min before driving I found the shifting get much smother that way..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.