Check Engine Light after Repairs...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Check Engine Light after Repairs... in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My check engine light came on this morning. I picked her up last night after having alot of work,replacement of ...
    JakeInFla74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Check Engine Light after Repairs...

My check engine light came on this morning. I picked her up last night after having alot of work,replacement of parts on her, given she was purchased used with 94,000 miles.

The two OBD codes appearing after cycling through are:

CCP 25752262 3230

DDM 25745823 0808

The "Check Gas Cap" also appeared, but this occurred prior to the repairs frequently, without the Check Engine Light coming on, so I'm stumped.

Work Performed:

Tranny Flush
    Timing Belt Replaced
    Synthetic Oil Change ( Mobil 1) - Just checked the oil level, it's full.
    O-ring and oil drain plug replaced
    Trunk Struts - Yeah, it's probably that! ~

I searched the codes online and came up blank.

Barring buying a new gas cap to replace the stock one to negate vapor lock issues with the onboard computer, anyone have any ideas?

I called my mechanic and gave him the codes. He's researching them too, but stated the codes are nothing like he's ever seen before. Is the logic and naming convention of the Cadillac OBD codes specific to Cadillac?

Any help is appreciated.

~J.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JakeInFla74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Check Engine Light after Repairs...

Turns out there's a laundry list of codes stemming from prior issues the previous owner was having. I wrote most of them down, and cleared the codes after speaking to my mechanic. The Check Engine light did turn off. I'll run it through a few drive cycles and see if it re-occurs and go from there.

Really dig the code reading\accessing capability though. Never saw that in any other vehicle I've owned. Cool technology.

~J.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.