2005 CTS 3.6L Missing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2005 CTS 3.6L Missing in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have a 2005 3.6L that seems to be missing. When I get on the gas hard and on idol ...
    avguy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2005 CTS 3.6L Missing

I have a 2005 3.6L that seems to be missing. When I get on the gas hard and on idol it's fine but when I am cruising and the tach is between 2000 and 3000 rpm is when it seems to start. I've put middle grade gas in it hoping that would help but it did nothing. I thought about changing the fuel filter if I knew where it was. Does anybody have any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT

Re: 2005 CTS 3.6L Missing

the fuel filter is located under the car, in front of the right rear tire is my memory is correct!

Also, how many miles on the car? Maybe spark plugs need a change or air filter..

but my first option is: keep driving for another 2 full tank of gas. Change the gas station from where you went last time.. its free, and it could be the problem.

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

If your car is missing, you should call the police!

Cadillacfilter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Cts

Hahahah!

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

do you mean missfiring?

avguy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Yes, I mean missfiring. Every time I have to make a payment I wish it was missing. Thanks for the fuel filter info, I give that a try. At 70,000 miles I imagine it's about time. I have not been able to find it or any info on it. If someone else has an idea let me know.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

check your plugs and i think the 3.6L is coil packs, one might have a bad connection and when it hits a certian rpm looses contact causing no spark in that cylinder. i cant help you much further than that, ive never seen the 3.6 without the plastic engine cover on.
    hope it works out for you, i dont think this should be too big of a issue to repair if it is addressed sooner than later so you dont potentially cause any other damage

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.