CTS-V cluster installed in 06 sport.. it works! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS-V cluster installed in 06 sport.. it works! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Here is a schematic, the LY7 is the V-6. You can see a few of the minor differences, there may ...
    ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: CTS-V cluster installed in 06 sport.. it works!

Here is a schematic, the LY7 is the V-6.
    You can see a few of the minor differences, there may be more to this. I'll look more later, might be a busy day

Oh... and that is the last picture I can post without using my photobucket account
    Attached Files

stacykathryn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS Sport

Ewill- thanks for the info... I ended up putting the stock cluster back in per the wifes b*tching and I put the V cluster up on eBay tonight. Here's my two cents on this whole deal for you folks that are interested.

-This is an ABSOLUTELY doable swap for basically any 03-07 CTS person. You can just literally swap yours out in favor of a V cluster and just drive it like that. Full functionality depends on some other factors.

-The tach was NOT off, nor were any other gauges. Everything worked fine as far as the gauges are concerned.

-If you have Stabilitrak, and I do, the lateral G acceleration meter DOES work!! If you have TPMS, that also works. Plug and play.

-If you have tapshift (which I think is 05-07??).. it will cease to function with a V cluster. It uses the cluster as part of the tapshift system.

-BUT, if you have the older style non-tapshift, instead with the winter/sport buttons, you have no problems. Or if you have manual transmission! Then you are really set!

-If you want to be able to cycle through the various driver info screens, you need to add two wires to your cluster plug (ground/signal) and have them hooked to an external switch, or rewire (and re-resistor) your 1 2 3 4 stw controls to work with them. That takes some know-how.. not for novices. OR swap your steering wheel for a V wheel. That would be easiest.

-Trans temp, oil temp digital readouts are blank on non-Vs, as I previously stated. Trans temp is a class 2 message and that isn't easily fixable but oil temp is a hard wired input that you could add yourself in theory.

So if you want to do this swap and I can be of assistance let me know! If I would've had a manual transmission or the older non-tapshift auto then I would've definitely kept it. Or if I wasn't married <evil grin> But I digress.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I read back through what you've posted and I need some clarification. Your first post says the the visual indication of TAPSHIFT is dead with the installation of the V wheel. Am I reading correctly that the tapshift still works, you just don't visually know which gear your in?

This is great work dude!

You've got a PM.

stacykathryn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS Sport

Concorso... to clarify: If you have tapshift, it will -cease- to function with the V cluster. It's not an issue of you can't see what gear you are in.. it just doesn't function in tapshift mode, when you shift it that way it acts like it's in drive and ignores your tap up and down. Apparently the shifter, PCM and cluster work together on that one, and the V cluster is not setup to do this. If you have tapshift and you install the V cluster, it ignores tapshift, and when you shift into "D" a little "M5" appears next to the odometer. No idea what "M5" means and it doesn't do anything.

If my wife would've went along with the V cluster project, I honestly would've just ordered a whole new 03-04? older style NON-tapshift shifter assembly with the sport/winter buttons and changed my whole shifter assembly. Screw tapshift.

MDR
    MDR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 5spd

I have a 03 5spd CTS and I swap to a CTS-V Cluster and steering wheel but cant go through the various driver info and its not reading out the digital MPH any suggestion? everything else works fine.

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

I have a 2003 CTS 5 speed automatic. Today I installed 06 сts-v cluster. Unfortunately sports and winter mode automatic transmission does not work ((((

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.