Adding Horsepower???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Adding Horsepower??? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi guys I know there are alot of smart guys here who pretty much tried anything so i was wondering ...
    caterabullet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question Adding Horsepower???

Hi guys I know there are alot of smart guys here who pretty much tried anything so i was wondering if how to add horsepower to my car.

I have a 3.2L 2003 cts now besides adding dual exhaust and a cold air intake. Which i have done is there any other way to add horsepower.

Do chips really work or do they mess up the engine and all the electronics?

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

whosyadadie02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac

Re: Adding Horsepower???

stick or auto ?

i had the software on a bmw 328i and it did help a bit, it changed and held shifts, changed timing and a few other select things. HP went up mayb 10-15

Quote Originally Posted by whosyadadie02 View Post
    stick or auto ?
    Mines auto... i didn't think they offered the 03's in stick... That sux...

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

They did offer the 03 in stick.

There is no chip for a 3.2

One guy turbocharged his 03. Maybe he will come along and help you out. If youre not a major gearhead, Paying someone to turbocharge your car is going to run in excess of $6k I bet.

CTSjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L manual

How fast do you want to go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww7997_YCB0

3.2L supercharged CTS
    1100hp
    214mph @ Bonneville

Im think ill be happy with 300 horses. Ive done all the work to my caddy myself but i really dont know how complicated it is turbo charge my car.

bigdawgfoxx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option

Theoretically, the car is rated at 255HP. Cold air, exhaust, and a tune could give you +15, +15, +15 which would put you at 300HP. The car does not put out 255 at the rear wheels anyway tho..

o3cts is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 03, 3.2L CTS-SC

ahoy hoy, your capable of adding a turbo or a supercharger .. The turbo runs better in the higher rpm range then the charger did, but that charger gave me the low end torque I wanted. Anyway search for

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-progress.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ercharger.html

Read up on that , and Ill help you out as best as i can. The turbo is a cleaner, and safer set-up then then charger ,and the belts ,went through them like 2 times a month.

yomommas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS, '79 Coupe DeVille, '78 Sedan De Ville, '77 Firebird

don't waste your time or your money. if you really want to go fast, trade your car in. cold air and exhaust are about all you can do (unless you're VERY creative, or just wanna spend a lot of money for little hp gain). anything you'd do would be a custom job because there's no off the shelf bolt-ons for the cts.
    and if you think believe that adding only one turbocharger to a stock motor (as they claimed in that video) will gain you over 800 hp, good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgfoxx View Post
    Theoretically, the car is rated at 255HP. Cold air, exhaust, and a tune could give you +15, +15, +15 which would put you at 300HP. The car does not put out 255 at the rear wheels anyway tho..
    The 3.2L is rated for 220 3.6 is rated at 255.

Quote Originally Posted by yomommas View Post
    don't waste your time or your money. if you really want to go fast, trade your car in. cold air and exhaust are about all you can do (unless you're VERY creative, or just wanna spend a lot of money for little hp gain). anything you'd do would be a custom job because there's no off the shelf bolt-ons for the cts.
    and if you think believe that adding only one turbocharger to a stock motor (as they claimed in that video) will gain you over 800 hp, good luck!!
    I understand where your comming from. I love my car its just that i wanted alittle power out of it...I already spent around 5k on mods so tradding it in is not an option. I was just wondering what ideas or things that have already been tested and trusted could be recommended.

Nick the caddy is looking mean bro.

Quote Originally Posted by yomommas View Post
    If everyone was to have that same mentality the world will be driving around in supercars, and high performance cars, and what is the fun in that.

it has nothing to do with my mentality. it's the facts. sorry if you don't like them. maybe i'm wrong but i don't think anyone has posted a 3.2l 300 rwhp dynosheet (which in theory shouldn't be too difficult. say 150 shot of nitrous? or a smaller shot on top of a turbo or supercharger?). i'd love to be proved wrong. let's see those dynosheets!!

it has nothing to do with my mentality. it's just the facts. sorry if you don't like them. i've yet to see a 3.2l, 300 hp dyno sheet. i'd love to be proven wrong, so let's see the dynos

Thats hard facts??? to trade in your car if you want to go fast ????? Posted one up with the Sc go check it out out, with a 75 shot . Havent done one yet with the turbo , want to to make sure the kinks are knocked out , but the ass dyno is telling me its faster

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.