Adding Horsepower??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Adding Horsepower??? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; did you make 300+ hp? i just searched and i see you made a "claim" of 240 rwhp (did you ...
    yomommas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS, '79 Coupe DeVille, '78 Sedan De Ville, '77 Firebird

Re: Adding Horsepower???

did you make 300+ hp? i just searched and i see you made a "claim" of 240 rwhp (did you ever get around to scanning your dynosheet?). do you really think a 240rwhp car is considered "fast"?

o3cts is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 03, 3.2L CTS-SC

with the charger alone at 5psi with a 75shot no, but when i went to 10psi , and a 75shot ..yup yup If you stay around the FL area Ill link up with anyone to show them the set-up.. Out of work for a month due to surgery so I have nothing but time on my handss

Quote Originally Posted by o3cts View Post
    with the charger alone at 5psi with a 75shot no, but when i went to 10psi , and a 75shot ..yup yup If you stay around the FL area Ill link up with anyone to show them the set-up.. Out of work for a month due to surgery so I have nothing but time on my handss
    don't wanna see the set-up, wanna see the dyno. you should have plenty of time to do that, no? and truthfully 300 hp in a heavy ass car does not = a fast car. you DO get props for even embarking on such an ambitious project, but the fact remains the only cost effective way to get a "fast" cts is to get a V.
    on a side note, i hope your surgery isn't for nothing to serious and all goes well.

that other thread you just bumped just further proves my point. you've apparently spent at least 9 grand trying to make your cts fast. you could've just got a V.

300hp doesnt make a heavy car fast , but it does take that heavy car from 191-199 rwhp to 300rwhp.I understand where your comming from ,but Im going to explain to you where i'm comming from.I didnt hook up the cts just to have a fast car... I do have a fast cts , and a fast sport lux in my eyes , and thats good enough for me. I hooked up my cts to be unique, and stand out a little. the extra pep in its step is just a perk. Thats my reason for spending nearly 10k on my set-ups but thats the price you pay for a hobby. The first automobile was far from fast , but through trial, and era over the years the automobile sprawled out to different forms fast. Only difference is I'm spending out of pocket ,and far from a major company. which once again I have no problem doing because it is a hobby.
    Soon as i get the car on the dyno Ill throw you some numbers. Also thanks for caring bout the surgery

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

300hp doesnt make a heavy car fast , but it does take that heavy car from 191-199 rwhp to 300rwhp.I understand where your comming from ,but Im going to explain to you where i'm comming from.I didnt hook up the cts just to have a fast car... I do have a fast cts , and a fast sport lux in my eyes , and thats good enough for me. I hooked up my cts to be unique, and stand out a little. the extra pep in its step is just a perk. Thats my reason for spending nearly 10k on my set-ups but thats the price you pay for a hobby. The first automobile was far from fast , but through trial, and era over the years the automobile sprawled out to different forms fast. Only difference is I'm spending out of pocket ,and far from a major company. which once again I have no problem doing because it is a hobby.
    Soon as i get the car on the dyno Ill throw you some numbers. Also thanks for caring bout the surgery
    I have been watching this thread and I agree with everything that you said.

I really think some people just want an easy button with everything.

I wanted a CTS for the same reasons.

I like the styling and the luxury, but it is not fast enough for me.

I applaud your ingenuity and being a pioneer for us 3.2 guys.

With the lack of the support from the aftermarket and the lack or due dilligence I did before I bought my 3.2 and the lack of funds to by a V, I am going to hold on any real improvements on the performance end of things.

I will either get a used V in a few years or a new Camaro, but I absolutely hate the attitude that is portrayed here; "just trade it in".

That is such a lazy attitude and adds nothing to this thread.

yomammas; I know it is your opinion and it is nothing personal, but really could you add something with a tad bit more substance.

Try this:

I would lower it,

add a true cold air intake,

V exhaust,

and these will add a little more umpf to the little 3.2.

What are your plans for the power? 1/4 mile or road race?

Slap on some nitrous if you just want to go straight, but if you want to go through some twisties, you might look at seriously beefing up the suspension.

For road racing, it si better to start with the power that you haveing and better transferring it to the ground. You have power that is there that is not being effectively used.

Try some Royal Purple oil in all of your components. Anyway to free up some horsepower is grewat.

Hell, do a tuneup and use the best products out there to squeeze every little bit.

After all of this is done, start looking at shedding some weight from the vehicle.

200 horsepower in a 1200 lb vehicle is a totally different animal than 200 hp in a 3700 lb vehicle.

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post

With the lack of the support from the aftermarket and the lack or due dilligence I did before I bought my 3.2 and the lack of funds to by a V, I am going to hold on any real improvements on the performance end of things.

I will either get a used V in a few years or a new Camaro, but I absolutely hate the attitude that is portrayed here; "just trade it in".

yomammas; I know it is your opinion and it is nothing personal, but really could you add something with a tad bit more substance.

Try this:

I would lower it,

V exhaust,

Slap on some nitrous if you just want to go straight, but if you want to go through some twisties, you might look at seriously beefing up the suspension.

For road racing, it si better to start with the power that you haveing and better transferring it to the ground. You have power that is there that is not being effectively used.

Try some Royal Purple oil in all of your components. Anyway to free up some horsepower is grewat.

Hell, do a tuneup and use the best products out there to squeeze every little bit.

After all of this is done, start looking at shedding some weight from the vehicle.

200 horsepower in a 1200 lb vehicle is a totally different animal than 200 hp in a 3700 lb vehicle.

Just my .02.
    wow! first off, if you read the original posters first post you'll see he said "besides intake and exhaust, what can i do".
    secondly, i also gave props to 03cts for the work he's done on his car, but if you read a little more you'll see that he's dumped over $10,000 into his cts and it's still slower than a v (that is affordable if you have an extra $10,000 to spend). for that much money the "smart" thing to do would be to get a v (which you say you wanna do, so it seems you agree with me since you're not wasting any of your money on performance mods).
    wait a minute: you hate the lazy attitude of "just trade it in", but that's exactly what you plan on doing! i'm thinking you agree with me more than you do with 03cts since you're apparently doing exactly what i recommended.
    i stand by my original statement (and obviously you do too). if you want a fast cts you gotta get a v. or you can spend the extra money it would have cost to get a v on your current cts and you'll end up with a car that is still WAY slower than a v. to me that just sounds silly (unless you don't know how to drive a stick).

ghettomike is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

put a turbo on it lol

i wasnt lookin for a race car so im more than happy with the power of my CTS.. would be nice to have the 3.6 but the 3.2 does its job for now...just wish it had a nicer idle..

Quote Originally Posted by yomommas View Post
    wow! first off, if you read the original posters first post you'll see he said "besides intake and exhaust, what can i do".
    secondly, i also gave props to 03cts for the work he's done on his car, but if you read a little more you'll see that he's dumped over $10,000 into his cts and it's still slower than a v (that is affordable if you have an extra $10,000 to spend). for that much money the "smart" thing to do would be to get a v (which you say you wanna do, so it seems you agree with me since you're not wasting any of your money on performance mods).
    wait a minute: you hate the lazy attitude of "just trade it in", but that's exactly what you plan on doing! i'm thinking you agree with me more than you do with 03cts since you're apparently doing exactly what i recommended.
    i stand by my original statement (and obviously you do too). if you want a fast cts you gotta get a v. or you can spend the extra money it would have cost to get a v on your current cts and you'll end up with a car that is still WAY slower than a v. to me that just sounds silly (unless you don't know how to drive a stick).
    I am just giving constructive criticism, so don't get your feelings hurts sweety.

side note ..the reason why i put 10k in the car,is because everything was done out of pocket, and fabricated. Fabricating anything is not cheap work. Not to mention had togfigure out what application would work better for the motor.
    I have raced a stock V, and beaten it once as well as lost once. I 've also beaten a 2004 gto. The gto from a 30mph roll, and the v from a dead stop . It ate me the first race, then a friend told me to try , brake boosting ,and hold 3rd gear till 7k which i did and took him by a nose.

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Nick the caddy is looking mean bro.
    THanks bro!

I do agree with 03 here. I am planning on eventually turboing my 3.6. Obviously this is a lot easier since the 3.6 can be tuned VIA hptuners. This wont be for quite a while. Also, I do realize that I could easily by a V for what i am going to be spending. However, I am one of those guys that just has to be different I guess.

Now, new guy. DO NOT PUT A V EXHAUST ON YOUR 3.2!!

I have raced a stock V, and beaten it once as well as lost once. and the v from a dead stop .
    unbelievable.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
    I have been watching this thread and I agree with everything that you said.

I really think some people just want an easy button with everything.

I wanted a CTS for the same reasons.

I like the styling and the luxury, but it is not fast enough for me.

I applaud your ingenuity and being a pioneer for us 3.2 guys.

Try this:

I would lower it,

V exhaust,

Just my .02.
    Say what you like about yomamas adding nothing substantial to the thread...but you still havent added anything yourself.
    V exhuast? You enjoy a huge loss in backpressure? You realize its a 2.5" exhuast and would flow WAY too much for a stock 3.2. For comparison, the Corsa exhuast for the 3.6" is only 2.25.

Some of you guys who bash the V-pushers need to remember that its not just an engine that you are getting for that extra 10g's. You also get a much stronger transmission,tighter suspension,much MUCH stronger Brembro brakes, plus all the V body and interior parts.
    This has nothing to do with an easy button. 10g's for a kit that MAY possibly make it almost as fast as a STOCK V in a straight line, and you'll be using inadequate brakes, transmission , and suspension to control the power. Unless you upgrade that, but then youre spending even more money again...

If you notice I was giving examples of a way to post advice.

I am sure you are correct with the V exhaust, but truthfully, I do not care.

I am not a proponent or will not argue the fact with you.

My point was show how to ADD something to the thread. I did ask some questiosn so as to further the thread to see what he was going to use it for.

WTF did you add AHole?

I love V's. I would rather have one, but I do not have the money.

I got a smoking deal on my 3.2 and love it.

So, that's it.

You can take up for your boyfriend or whatever.

I could give two sh1ts!

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Wow, sensitive much?

What did I add? I reminded the OP that adding a V exhaust will kill youre hp and should ONLY be considered if you are going the FI route. V's depreciate so much and offer you so much for the $ that if you are in it for performance, you can't pass up the V...UNLESS you had to have an auto.
    You've got to pay to play. How expensive do you think the transmission will be to replace when it goes? How about the differential? That 10gs quickly turns into 15 and more. You've got to pay to play, its the oldest racing motto. And the V gives you everything you need allready for cheap with a proven trackrecord and a large aftermarket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.