2007 CTS having lots of problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2007 CTS having lots of problems in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS with about 29,000 miles. I have had squeaky breaks since about 11,000 miles. They ...
    alh80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2007 CTS having lots of problems

I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS with about 29,000 miles. I have had squeaky breaks since about 11,000 miles. They were just replaced last week due to some defect in the parking break and they still squeak just the same. Also, the car is making a ticking sound and shaking like it wants to die when started in the mornings. Once it did not start at all. While in the shop they said that a code came up and indicated problems with the camshaft. The code was P0011. Anyway, they said they reset the parameters and cleared the code. Now the car is much worse. Still doing all the above and more. It feels like it is always sputtering and there is a thumping sound from the back that increases with speed. I feel like I am bouncing around town all the time. So bad I wonder if other people notice. Nothing to do with the tires, I had them inspected today. Also, the car is idled much lower now and when I let off the gas it decellartes faster like the engine is getting no fuel. Also, the shifting into 1st and 2nd has gotten harder over the last sveral thousand miles. My car also had the rear end leak and was repaired last summer before the recall. Any suggestion? Anyone having any of these problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillacfilter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Cts

Re: 2007 CTS having lots of problems

LEMON!!

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Maybe try another dealer; they all sound like warranty issues.

Thanks. I plan to do that next week. I was just wondering if anyone had these same problems and if they seem to be major problems. I am a female, so of course they tend to treat me like I am an idiot and that these problems are non existant in Cadillacs. I don't even believe that they actually replaed the break pads like they said they did. Also, they told me that the camshaft repair would take 3-5 days but for some reason it was ready for pickup within 24 hours.

hawkphotography is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have an '07 with 10K miles... my brakes squeak too. And, in the morning, the car runs a little rough for the first 15 minutes - feels like the tires are out of balance at around 45 mph, but then after 15 minutes, the ride smoothes out... I have no idea what it is. I don't think its a cold engine because the thermostat comes up to ave. temp. right away... Just thought I'd chime in. Sorry to hear of your issues, I hope the dealership comes through for you!

I know exactly what you are talking about. Everything only gets worse the more miles you put on the car. Mine has always acted wiered in the mornings or if the car has set for over four hours. I never had this checked out until now. I always assumed it was because it was cold. My car used to shake a little at about 45-50 mph only in the mornings. Now it does it all the time at this speed. I have balanced the tires and had alignments, nothing fixes that problem. It also makesa a roaring noise at this speed. The breaks really make me mad. Warranty paid for new ones due to emergency break problems of some sort. You might have that checked out before they get much worse. Hope you wont have my problems 20,000 miles later.

suprane1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The code P0011 is a problem associated to advanced cam timing. Basically the engine has VVT (variable valve timing) that is controlled by OCV (oil control valve). The OCV seems to be having a problem, and is setting the timing wrong on your engine making it run rough, this can be caused by foriegn objects in your oil or just failure of the OCV. Their is a very specific set of tests they should do to check the valve, not just clear the code and hope it goes away. That is where they should start, the car is not a lemon, it just needs to be repaired!!!

suprane1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Also, check your oil level, that can effect it also.

07CaddyCrazy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I too have been having the same issues on my '07 3.6 CTS with 25,000 miles. My brakes have squeaked since 11,000 miles. Took it to a Caddy dealer where they sanded the pads to remove some excess glaze, lubed up the hardware, applied some disk quiet to help.. which lasted a few hundred miles. Brakes still squeak awful.

Back in June took in the car for a very rough idle. They told me nothing was wrong and it was normal, Only thing is I had already driven others (including the dealership owner's son's CTS) and it was a lot worse then his. So... I waited until I got a check engine light which was about a week ago. Car started misfiring (felt like it was running on 3 out of 6). Took it back... the valve timing was off... told me I needed an oil change to clean out the cam sensor. I told them to have it warrantied by GM since I just had it done by the dealer not too long ago. Then all of a sudden they call me back and say they are going to replace the sensors... Call me back (AGAIN) today and say "just kidding" the timing chains are stretched. Which is going to take At Least another week since they don't have the parts and GM isn't stocking them right now. Has anyone else had a problem with timing chains stretching, especially at 25,000 miles?? Seems odd to me; I thought timing chains would break? Is there a TSB out on this at all or are they just throwing parts at the car?

mikes2nd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Tell them you want new pads and rotors on the front and tell them you want them to break them in so they can't say you broke them in wrong.

Tell them Sanding the brake pads are just going to make it worse... foolish, the problem is the rotor since they pad sanding didnt work.

Turning rotors is not normally desired now since the factory rotors have a tolerance. Tell them to replace the rotors.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/tr996.htm

Tell them if it happens again, you can try Raybestos Rotors and Ceramic pads. I just put on my car and they are great. My factory rotors had high spots.

I find sometimes the hardware GM and ESPECIALLY CHRYSLER use is faulty.

the timing chains can stretch/stress... but tell them you want that fixed period.

HOW many times has this been done? Call up GM if needed and talk to them. Make sure they fix it asap because GM might go belly up and you might be hosed for 4 month while they reorg.

Keep your documentation because you could be getting this lemon lawed. Did you buy the car new?

Big_Ed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 Black

Shortly after picking up my CTS, I noticed a little shimmy in the wheel - first thing in the morning. The dealer had put 4 new tires on the car, so my initial thought was that maybe one of the wheel weights came off? Then after about 10 minutes it goes away. I've chalked it up flat spots on the tires after sitting all night? Once the car and the tires are warmed up it's solid as a rock.

Of course, if you have the engine shaking and sputtering, then your problem is a lot worse than my little vibration.

Hopefully they can figure it out for you.

nuskool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS w/ performance pkg, 18" wheel pkg

This is interesting as we just got an 07. Currently it runs perfect. Brakes tend to squeal sometimes, but not always. Dealer said if it's all the time he would replace them. But if it's only occasionally, as it is, then it's normal. He said in colder wet weather they will do that. I'll keep the raybestos and ceramic in mind.

07CaddyCrazy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Ok... So i got my caddy back. Runs better, but has a high pitch hum upon acceleration now, so I'll have to get that checked out. Just got it back on Friday and went to drive it to havasu on Saturday and got a flat 5 miles out of town. So, I'll let you all know when I get back and get the tire fixed about how it runs. Hopefully it will be ok later on since they replaced the 3 chains with the the same type chains... no updates to them or part # change. Just not having great luck with it right now.

josh29 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cadillac cts

i have a 2007 cts 3.6l, that i bought used lately its been jerking going up hills, only on hills, i go to give it gas and it hesitates then catches, then hesitates ect. always when i give it gas going uphill, then the engine light comes on and blinks then goes off. I was told it might be just the spark plugs, coils. I got it checked by diagnostic and it was P0303 fault code. I havent done anything or taken it to be fixed it yet so i was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem with their cts?

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0303

Need a new coil pack on cylinder 3 or spark plugs changed, could even be the loom to that coil pack has warn.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.