Car Shaking
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Car Shaking in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Does anyone's car shake a bit when they first start the car while it's warming up for a few minutes? ...
    xxdjspotxx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Car Shaking

Does anyone's car shake a bit when they first start the car while it's warming up for a few minutes? I was going to take it into the dealership but just wanted a clue of what it might be. Motor mounts maybe? I bought the 05 CTS with 38K. Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

catch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: Car Shaking

Mine does... '03 3.2.

I also recall experiencing the same issues when I test drove an '05 and an '06... they both had rough idles when they were cold.

tonytun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts 07

i have an 07 and it was doing the same thing a few months back, i took it to service, they said everything was fine. 2 months later it just went away

weird, who knows

Kozy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have an '05 & it just started doing the same thing. I have also been thinking about taking it into the dealership.

bo3adsa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): White diamond 05 CTS 3.6L Euro

Mine did the same but after I mentioned it to the dealer when doing my service it went away....

xxdjspotxx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

alrite..so i shouldn't be too worried..ill just mention it on my next oil change..i just hope they dont give me some bs about needing something fixed!

Strko75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Red face Re: Car Shaking

I had the same experience today... started to shake, engine light came on and this continued for about ten minutes. Drove it to my buddy and it went away complete away once the "mechanic" got into it. Dropping it off tomorrow for for him to check out any carbon build up OR if it's a "crankshaft position sensor". Had me really worried, never felt it so ride so rough. My old 2000 Maxima did this will the Mass airflow sensor... hope this cost isn't related with my '05 CTS.... any help/advice would be great.

Lighter note, I bought 225/50R17 Gislaved NordFrost 5 for the winter... very happy with price, tire, and how they fit the rims.

Sammy Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS 03

I used a fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank every 5k miles and it stops the rough starts.

Strko75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

After 2 days of being at the shop, the engine miss firing intermittently, no codes being registered... I got it to miss fire, didn't turn off the car and drove it right into the mechanic bay.... computer problem with injector #6.... Wallace dealership in Milton was great about the diagnosing, and repair... I thought at one point injector's would have to get replaced + ignition coils.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.