Where's your Detector?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Where's your Detector? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I would love to keep my radar detector right in the center of my windshield. It's cordless so it even ...
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Where's your Detector?

I would love to keep my radar detector right in the center of my windshield. It's cordless so it even looks good there. My fear is that someone will break a window to get in and steal it, so I keep it in the upper left corner of the windshield.You can barely see it from the front of the car, or standing next to it. One plus is the tint keeps the sun off it , to a degree. Bad side is it interferes with the sunvisor if I put it down and forward. Am I too paranoid? Do people still break into cars in the suburbs nowadays?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Korn00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Where's your Detector?

I don't know where you live, but I am from Chicago and I have no problems with having my detector in the middle of my windshield. I think your being to paranoid

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Right off (and above) the Inside Rear View Mirror on the Driver's side. Barely visiable from the outside. If someone wants it let them take it.

Why a cordless detector?

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost04
    I would love to keep my radar detector right in the center of my windshield. It's cordless so it even looks good there. My fear is that someone will break a window to get in and steal it, so I keep it in the upper left corner of the windshield.You can barely see it from the front of the car, or standing next to it. One plus is the tint keeps the sun off it , to a degree. Bad side is it interferes with the sunvisor if I put it down and forward. Am I too paranoid? Do people still break into cars in the suburbs nowadays?
    Grey Ghost
    Most radar detectors are rather cheap to purchase and not worth busting a car to get. I have had mine in the center for more years than I can remember..so has my wife. But then you never know what a money driven thief might do. I guess that's what insurance is for?

BlueMalibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed

I have my V1 just to the right and at about the same level as the rear view mirror. Since the V1 has a rear-facing as well as front antenna it is best to mount it where it can "see" through the back window. I wired it into the power that goes to the rear view mirror so you can't see any wires hanging down.

It is difficult to see from outside the car and I haven't had any problem with theft yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.