Drat: Bent & Cracked Wheel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Drat: Bent & Cracked Wheel in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I bent and cracked my left front wheel on one of our fine unpaved Michigan roads this morning. I just ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Drat: Bent & Cracked Wheel

I bent and cracked my left front wheel on one of our fine unpaved Michigan roads this morning. I just noticed it this evening, after driving about 85 miles on it today. I don't have time to mess with e-bay, so I'll be contacting local tire / wheel places and dealers for 17" painted take-offs. Does anyone local in Michigan have a 17" painted wheel (or maybe a set of chromies) they're willing to part with for a good price?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Re: Drat: Bent & Cracked Wheel

Look here.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

nice site. they had a bunch of cool stuff

Interesting site, but too bad their picture of the 17" polished wheel is a 16" polished wheel. I already had that happen to me this morning at a parts yard. Their 14 17" CTS wheels in stock turned out to be 3 polished ones, 1 with bad scrapes, and some 16s. I ordered a remanufactured wheel that is supposed to be exact. We'll see in a few days.

I noticed that someone on ebay has a set of '04 17" silver CTS wheels for $569, buy it now, with free shipping. I was thinking of buying them and selling the other three one-at-a-time to recoup my investment.

teja2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bent a rim back in January - a friend of mine had a friend that works at a Caddy dealership and I was able to get a replacement rim for $150 (instead of the $550 my dealership wanted) because the rims were removed from a CTS that was sold and the buyer wanted different rims. Maybe you could try that route? See if they have any that were removed from brand new ones for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by teja2
    I bent a rim back in January - a friend of mine had a friend that works at a Caddy dealership and I was able to get a replacement rim for $150 (instead of the $550 my dealership wanted) because the rims were removed from a CTS that was sold and the buyer wanted different rims. Maybe you could try that route? See if they have any that were removed from brand new ones for sale?
    Good idea. I've called every nearby dealership and even asked if they know of other dealerships that may have take-offs. So far, no luck. Schrams auto parts in Mason, MI should have a wheel on Friday or Monday. It may not be "the" wheel, but it's a step forward. For now, with two 17" OE wheels and tires on the rear and two 16" Enkei wheels and snow tires on the front, I have what I'm calling a "Post-bling" setup.

An update: Schram's in Mason, MI got a remanufactured 17" painted silver wheel in yesterday - a couple days early. It looks great and I'm having Belle Tire mount the tire and swap the winter tires off the CTS today.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

congrats. try not to break this one

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    congrats. try not to break this one
    Thanks. I'll discuss it with my county road commission. BTW, Belle Tire in Lansing did the mounting and swappping for free! Those guys continue to do a great job for me.

cardio-doc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Performance

Hello:

Just so you know - I'm that 'someone on eBay'.

cheers,

~Doc

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv
    Interesting site, but too bad their picture of the 17" polished wheel is a 16" polished wheel. I already had that happen to me this morning at a parts yard. Their 14 17" CTS wheels in stock turned out to be 3 polished ones, 1 with bad scrapes, and some 16s. I ordered a remanufactured wheel that is supposed to be exact. We'll see in a few days.

I noticed that someone on ebay has a set of '04 17" silver CTS wheels for $569, buy it now, with free shipping. I was thinking of buying them and selling the other three one-at-a-time to recoup my investment.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.