Help Me Pinpoint Problem? (Searched) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Help Me Pinpoint Problem? (Searched) in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Cadillacfilter1 Well front end alignment and tire problems are nothing to be taken lightly for sure. Hitting ...
    04deveni is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Re: Help Me Pinpoint Problem? (Searched)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacfilter1 View Post
    Well front end alignment and tire problems are nothing to be taken lightly for sure. Hitting potholes will often affect the alignment of the front end which is more than likely responsible for the vehicle pulling to the right. The shaking can be caused by a number of things. There are little weights on the rims of car wheels. These are to correct any imperfections in the manufacture of the tire. Kinda like how you have to balance a ceiling fan because each blade doesn't weigh exactly the same. It's possible that hitting the pothole may have knocked off one of your weights and now your wheel is out of balance. And I can't say strongly enough that you need to have ALL of your lugnuts. My suggestion is to go to a tire store IMMEDIATELY. Tell them what you've told us and I'm sure you can have your tires balanced and wheels re-aligned for a resonable price.

you need to check the pressure in the tires when there cold,or not have been drove for a while the pressure will read more if the air in them is hot,it will vary about 3-5 pounds,but you might want to have it checked just to see if it busted anything in the front end of it,if its pulling bad it may have knocked it out of alignment,but have it checked to be sure,its better to be safe than sorry,good luck hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Nauman Khan
    I knew I heard that someplace else, nice copy and paste.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5213504AAEbQ4k

On the same note though, my 03 is getting rough as well, it certainly doesn't feel like anything is broken but I am contemplating replacing my shocks. The way to see if your shocks are good is to push down one corner of the car and see if it starts bouncing because it should only go down and up no more than twice. Any more means bad shock on that corner. Do this simple test and at least that might eliminate shocks as the cause or point to one.

04deveni is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by kfx View Post
    I agree, if wheel balance was an issue you would feel vibration through the steering wheel at certain speeds whether you were hitting a bump or not, this definitely sounds suspension related for both tdot & junior.

I recently installed the FE4 V shocks/struts & eibach lowering springs, had 4-wheel alignment, plus I'm running lower profile 18" tires. As much as I love how the car sticks to the road, I've pretty much ruined any soft Cadillac ride. The WI roads are horrible from last winter and if I hit one of the many potholes it about knocks your teeth out. The worst thing is all of the heaving that has happened to the roads, especially at bridge decks. There's no way to avoid hitting it because it goes across the whole lane. Next time I get new tires I'm definitely going from a 45 to 50 sidewall to see if helps the ride at all.
    I'm runing 245/45/18 (45/18's like you). You think 50 sidewall won't rub if you have 4 girls in the car and a few of their boyfriends in the trunk?

TDotJDizzle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm amazed at the response that threads on this site generate... posted problem at like 3-4am yesterday, so many replies that are helping me out... so glad I joined this forum. Thanks a lot, guys.

TDotJDizzle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I've noticed there are quite a few people here from Toronto... I'm looking for a good mechanic, someone reliable who's as honest as you can get a mechanic to be these days, I guess... I'm willing to travel the GTA... if anyone has a shop they've had good experiences with that they could refer me to, it'd help a lot. Thanks.

CTS_FAN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4 Premium 2.8T

Was this issue ever resolved? My '03 just started making a LOUD popping/clicking sound in the front end when going over even the smallest bumps/uneven surfaces!! I have the Eibach's and have had nothing but noise problems and I have been to three different shops who can not find anything wrong!! One thinks the strut is going out but wanted $400 to replace?

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L / 09 CBR 600rr - Bazzaz tuned

broken/loose struts
    control arms loose
    check all rubber bushings
    upper/lower ball joints
    try jacking the car up and grab the wheel and try 2 shake it a little and see if you can hear anything loose then try 2 pinpoint where it is comming from.
    just suggustions on trubleshooting...hope it helps

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.