CD's Jammed/Player Dismantle Guide - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CD's Jammed/Player Dismantle Guide in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by caterabullet Tommy I had a problem taking my radio apart... As you can see with the turn ...
    vernonsr2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: CD's Jammed/Player Dismantle Guide

Quote Originally Posted by caterabullet View Post
    Tommy I had a problem taking my radio apart... As you can see with the turn table it was stuck in the center...(SEE PICTURES) I tried turning the nobes but it didn't do anything I also tried forcing it but it wouldn't budge...

Now my cd player doesn't work... When I go to hit the source button the cd changer doesn't switch over its stays on fm.. It says somthing like CD MECH ERROR its the same message you get when the cd gets jammed.. By the way there is still that winding sound to eject a cd...

Any ideas... I followed your instructions step by step and I can't figure out what I did wrong...

Any help
    Mine did the same thing and i figured out what to do, if you look to the left there is a small white turn table i'm using a small flat head to push it toward the back of the cd player and it will push the gray part back and then the cd bar that was stuck will move back

chico is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 Caddy CTS

aight folks, wish me luck im gonna attemp this

As my previous post suggests I took the unit apart as per attached pictures. I figured that it was easier to take scissors and cut the CD rather then taking the prings off and stuff. It took me little time to cut the CD into pieces and extract them, then i retracted my steps and fitted the unit together. When I connected the wires in the car to the back of the unit it started to smoke so i had to unplug and take the unit appart again. It turned out that the ribbon cable wasnt connected properly so i guess it was touching the metal box or something. Once that was fixed the unit went back on exept i get a new error message CD COMM ERROR uppon pressing load button. So i guess at the end of the day cutting the CD out wasnt the quick fix i was hoping for. To make my long story short, since i didnt really touch anything inside the CD changer unit i just have to fix the initial problem of why the CD got jammed in the first place. Hence my question, is there an initial possition that the gears and turn table have to be set in???

TOmmy any ideas??? Or should i just take it appart as per you pictures all the way to the end??

Also i dont think the unit is burned cuz the radio works fine!

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

I'd try taking all the tracks out, they could be jamming the player.

h82bw8n is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 & 2007 CTS

Tommy-great step by step instructions. I've been having trouble with my cd changer since I got the car and it has been replaced 3 times (going for 4-the whole unit). I did notice your part number is the same as mine, so I'll give this website to my audio guys, and they can work with it. Thanks

Holbiedmb914 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Chico and Tommy,

Any luck with the CD Comm Error? I am having the same issues. Tommy, thank you again for the amazing guide!!

Matt

pearl'sgirl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6L

Interesting. I only have a single-disc player but this happened in the first month I had the car. (Thanks to my mother who left a CD in while driving and then added another to it later in the day.)

I never got a jam message and the CD that was last inserted played fine. But ... it wouldn't eject. That's when I realized what had happened.

I found a forum online that talked about using an emery board to coax out one of the discs. The trick is to get the emery board gently, but solidly, UNDER the first disc. I tried it several times, was about to give up ... and it worked! The original disc came out and then when I hit eject, the second one did, too. Never got any communication on it at all and it has played fine ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Holbiedmb914 View Post
    Chico and Tommy,

Any luck with the CD Comm Error? I am having the same issues. Tommy, thank you again for the amazing guide!!

Matt
    Matt, i havent revisited the issue due to complete lack of time, it will have to wait until the summer again when its warm to work on the car, im using my ipod instead.

Darjen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2006 SRX

I have a single cd in my 04 CTS, which was stuck and would not eject, so I put a credit card into more towards the right side and the cd popped right out.

ktr-sb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 3.6L 2WD

OK, for those searching, here's another take, this time for SRX with Navigation:

pkared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS4

Correct me if I am wrong but-If you disconnect the radio, it will go into "Theft Prevention Mode" and you will have to have a dealer reprogram it with the vehicle VIN in order for it to work again?

krusty_tc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury Sport

If you just disconnect it, and put the same radio back in, it will not go to theft lock. But if you do replace any of the parts as in cd player, different front face, then yes it will go into theft lock.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.