Can my manual passenger seat be converted to power - '04 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Can my manual passenger seat be converted to power - '04 CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Typically I don't post in forums, but everyone on here seems knowledgable and very cool, so it's been fun reading ...
    cvelo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Can my manual passenger seat be converted to power - '04 CTS

Typically I don't post in forums, but everyone on here seems knowledgable and very cool, so it's been fun reading some of the responses. With that said, I recently bought an 04 CTS. Turns out the car I thought I was getting was spec'd differently. I thought I was getting a car with the luxury package (dealer had one in stock), sans sunroof, but the car he sold me was the base package. To make up for the mistake, he threw in a wire mesh grill, stainless exhaust tips, full wood package, a rear spoiler, and a pinstripe, which normally I would hate, but this one works. Not too mention a blow-out price on the car itself. (any thoughts on if he did the right thing would be appreciated) Anyway, the manual passenger seat bothers me, especially in such a gorgeous car. Can anything be done, it looks like the wiring is there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Can my manual passenger seat be converted to power - '04 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by cvelo
    Typically I don't post in forums, but everyone on here seems knowledgable and very cool, so it's been fun reading some of the responses. With that said, I recently bought an 04 CTS. Turns out the car I thought I was getting was spec'd differently. I thought I was getting a car with the luxury package (dealer had one in stock), sans sunroof, but the car he sold me was the base package. To make up for the mistake, he threw in a wire mesh grill, stainless exhaust tips, full wood package, a rear spoiler, and a pinstripe, which normally I would hate, but this one works. Not too mention a blow-out price on the car itself. (any thoughts on if he did the right thing would be appreciated) Anyway, the manual passenger seat bothers me, especially in such a gorgeous car. Can anything be done, it looks like the wiring is there.
    lol that's exactly what happened to me. There was a silver cts sitting outside and i asked for exact same car in white instead of bringing me the same car they brought me the base.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by cvelo
    Well, I can't say that it was fair that they did not provide you with the car you wanted. The 1SB package contains the Memory package which you can't really add afterward. However, if you are happy with the settlement, then ultimately it was a good deal...

As for the seat, I believe you could add it, but you're best bet would be to find a complete passenger seat. The motors and parts (to include a complete new frame) over the counter is extremely expensive mainly because it's not at "accessory" pricing...

Or you could always post on here for someone with the B package and single who wouldn't mind the extra money for the swap since they won't use their passenger seat...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

hmn. i too was wondering the same things about convertion. i randomly discovered bunch of wires under the passenger seat and been wondering what they are ever since. does anyone know what i am talking about? for awhile, i thought maybe every car came ready to become a power seat... lol.. you just have to hook those wire up to something than it'll magically work.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Why does GM does this? To save a bit of coin?
    I had a 98 Grand Prix with leather and power and heated driver seat, and the passanger seat was manual and not heated. End up putting a heater in the seat.
    My 03 Sirrea SLE has power drive seat but manual passenger seat.
    It really pisses off the wife to sit in passenger and have it manual

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by airbalancer
    I had a 98 Grand Prix with leather and power and heated driver seat, and the passanger seat was manual and not heated. End up putting a heater in the seat.
    it's not only gm who does this

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by airbalancer
    Because many people are single, or only ever drive the car alone...I personally don't want to pay extra to have a power seat which is never used. I'm glad there is a handle on the floor where I can reach it and pull it up from the driver's side rather than have to reach all the way over the seat for the power controls...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i like that they give you the option. sometimes i wish they'd put more things as options. a lot of times you have to pay extra for a bunch of things i don't just to get one thing i want. but obviously that wouldn't be very cost effective.

about the seats, personally i like having power on both. it's nice to be able to give your passenger a little bit of luxury.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    Because many people are single, or only ever drive the car alone...I personally don't want to pay extra to have a power seat which is never used. I'm glad there is a handle on the floor where I can reach it and pull it up from the driver's side rather than have to reach all the way over the seat for the power controls...
    It will be hard to pick up the ladies if they do not have nice place to sit :coolgleam

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.