03 Spark Plug Change Guide with pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 03 Spark Plug Change Guide with pics in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; There are many threads with words but I though some pics might help the not so skilled mechanics in our ...
    04deveni is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

03 Spark Plug Change Guide with pics

There are many threads with words but I though some pics might help the not so skilled mechanics in our ranks.

The steps are simple.

Do the drivers side first so you can see whats what. Very easy, just unscrew the bolts that hold the steering fluid box and you're there after moving it out of the way.

The way we did passenger side is slightly different/easier than what is posted on the forum. The most difficult part is to take off the bracket that is on that side and that is because it has two screws on the bottom which are virtually unaccessible. We only took off one of these screws (the one that holds the bracket to the engine, and loosened the other after which we were able to pull it away from the engine just enough to get to the coil pack. Its easy pickings from there.

Check out the pics and PM me if you need any further help. Best of luck.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...Plug%20Change/

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kissdaring is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Cts

Re: 03 Spark Plug Change Guide with pics

i like the pic's and how they turned out i really hope all of those help you guys out and as the man himself said mgs him if you guys need further help but im sure you guys will be fine just remember the passanger side there are 4 bolts you are in clear view and two are clearly NOT the one that need to be remover thats under is righr below the pump that is straight down from the frist closest one to the windshield...

good luck guys
    let us know how it goes
    fcarr1958 and fcarr1958 like this.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

180km...wow...how is she running? ill probably hit 180 in bout a year lol i drive 2 much...(currently at 112 just bought it 3 weeks ago)

good write up and pics of the spark plug change thanks...gonna need that in a couple weeks when i get some time to do it.

CaddiLackin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '03 White Diamond Cts

Stop "slapping" stuff into your car. And what the hell are you drinking? lol

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

I'm gonna chime in here, for all you peeps slapping in iridium spark plugs. I beleive I was mislead by the spark plug manufactures as far as gapping your plugs (ody got me thinking) their websites have gap recommendations on there, upon reading more into it, it seems they just generalize for the specific plug you are buying and whatever engines they cover. The gaps they have listed are much narrower than what your owners manual will say. They state that because of the iridium it will compensate for a smaller gap, but I started thinking that I would want the biggest gap possible.
    When I first intalled the plugs I checked all my iridium spark plug gaps, none where preset to what the spark plug manufacturer suggested, so I gapped them to their specifications.
    Well after about a month of use and all of the discussions as of late, I decided to pull my plugs. There was some carbon build up around the base of the plug. When I pulled my stock bosh plugs they were a nice golden brown. I drive my car at wot atleast almost every day, so there shouldn't be any carbon on my relatively new plugs.
    There wasn't anything noticably wrong with the way my car was running on the spark plugs manufacturers gap, but obviously with carbon building up, it wouldn't be long before they fouled.
    So I regapped them to the owners manual, and now I feel better about my plug change.
    I think i do now notice the slight change in aggresive sound at wot, and it definitely revs up smoother.
    I also apologise to anybody I pointed to the spark plug manufacturers website for reference.
    Also, good pics for those with a 3.2l engine.

CaddiLackin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '03 White Diamond Cts

Its okay...We still love ya Tommy

kfx
    kfx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

thnx 04devini & kissdaring, those pics are a big help, think i'm gonna install my denso's this wknd if i have time. tommy & ody, thnx too for your observations on the gap, think i will (carefully) gap mine to the helm recommended .053-.054.

makkamoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am new here and I found this thread with the pics to change the spark plugs, however, the link appears to be broken or not working. I've tried many tricks, but can not view the pics. Would you be able to re-post them? I want to change my plugs.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

link works perfect for me........maybe you have some settings messed up on your computer.

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

Thank you and subscribe.

LastOneLeft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

btw at what mileage do you change your spark plugs? I'm currently at 113,800 right now

Spyke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT

For my part, I'm at 141 000 km and the car runs very fine. I'm going to wait til 160 000km before doing it. And if its during the winter that I hit 160k km, I'll wait til spring!

I think when they say change it at 160 000km can be very trustable. I never chnaged one in my buick and grand prix at 150 000 km and never had any problem with the plugs!

Cadillacfilter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am at 189,300 kms and I still havent changed my spark plugs yet. What are the symptoms of spark plugs going bad?

Cadillacfilter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just I just called the dealer this morning. They quoted me $403.00 + tax to change 6 spark plugs. This price doesnt include parts. I advised him Ihave the spark plugs. Does that sound normal to you guys?

makkamoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I tried another computer and I did get the link to work. The pics are great and look like they will be very helpful. Thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.