2003 CTS ECM PCM Location - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 CTS ECM PCM Location in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm getting codes po161 - po161 and my car in misfiring like crazy could this cause my car to lose ...
    jermainmarley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cadillac cts sport luxury

Re: 2003 CTS ECM PCM Location

I'm getting codes po161 - po161 and my car in misfiring like crazy could this cause my car to lose reverse control or could that mean my emc needs changing please HELP ASAP

nubbular is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    i refuse to go to my local stealership. they are absolutely useless. so i drove my car to my trusty mechanic who can flash ECM to cars, and i pulled it into his shop, swapped out the ECM and then he went to work. i paid him @ $50 to reflash for me. that took about two to three hours cause of all the process that need to be relearned, and then i was on my way. you can get the ECM for much cheaper from www.gmpartsdirect.com
    Did you have any issues when purchasing your ECM from this website? I see they require your VIN to ensure you receive the proper ECM for your car but just want to be sure before I make a purchase this large. I believe my ECM is faulty as well. I have received a few P codes as well as a few others even though I've replaced them all within the last 2 years.

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by nubbular View Post
    Did you have any issues when purchasing your ECM from this website? I see they require your VIN to ensure you receive the proper ECM for your car but just want to be sure before I make a purchase this large. I believe my ECM is faulty as well. I have received a few P codes as well as a few others even though I've replaced them all within the last 2 years.
    Good luck getting a new ecm right now. They currently aren't making any till they figure out the problem. My car has been at my local dealer for a month now waiting on a new ecm. Aug 15th is the estimated date to resume production on them but that's no guarantee.

kingdoby is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

cannot remove the lock clip. Not sure how forcefull need to be. Any help?

74chvy glasshouse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 , 74 chevy caprice

????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.