2003 CTS ECM PCM Location - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 CTS ECM PCM Location in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by txbest1980 let me know how it goes will do. i'll get back to you as soon as ...
    Coke_O is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6

Re: 2003 CTS ECM PCM Location

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    let me know how it goes
    will do. i'll get back to you as soon as i have him check it out.

akeinc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

ECM replaced on my '03 and P0160 and P0161 codes gone, car passed inspection.

I called a shop on the AZ MVD list of approved repair stations to get my ECM flashed and the guy referred me to another guy who came out to my home and flashed it for me. AZ Mobile Reflash and Diagnostic. I didn't even know that kind of deal existed, he roams from shop to shop flashing the repair shops customers cars. He didn't realize I wasn't in the business, he thought he was coming out to a shop. He still gave me the industry discount.

I've noticed some people had their car towed to the flashing shop after installing their new ecm. What I was going to do was mount the new ecm but leave the old one plugged in, just sitting on top of the new one thence once the car is in position you simply unplug the old ecm, discard, then plug in the new already mounted ecm.

The flash I got increases idle speed for reduced roughness, revises the cruise control for less speed deviation and probably some other stuff. I notice improved transition from idle to accelerate when moving and an annoying problem is gone: after starting the car I noticed I couldn't shift from Park until after three seconds after the engine had been running, now there's no lockout.

So probably $400 later and a boat load of wasted time tracking down wiring and testing circuits for a downstream O2 sensor code that absolutely has no bearing on the performance of the vehicle my car is re-registered. Next time it's due for inspection it'll have 170k miles on it.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

i had the same problem and i had the same fix. although i paid less than you, but got the same outcome. the idle speed for reduced roughness was in a recall for 03s years ago as well. and during that same recall, it covered the other items you mentioned and a few more

akeinc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by txbest1980 View Post
    although i paid less than you,
    Yeah but thanks to you I paid a LOT less than I would of if you hadn't told me about http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ and dealer alternatives to programming the ecm. You saved me a lot of money man and especially kept me from supporting that evil gov't owned entity, thanks TX! You da BEST!

lol...thats what this forum is intended to do, to share ideas and experiences

jbf28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts sport

I am having the same problem with codes p0318 and p0850 the car is sluggish where can i get an ecm from and how much do they run

csobie3400 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same issue with my 2003 cts/150k miles, mine has codes 0400 & 0410 - bank 1 sensor 2, dealer told me i need new ecm $650.00. Got new delco ecm from gmpartsdirect.com for $220.+$54 shipping. My cts has all the symptoms: rough idle, rough shifting, delay shift from park etc., the new ecm arrived yesterday and getting it installed and flashed on Friday.

Coke_O is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6
    Quote Originally Posted by csobie3400 View Post
    I have the same issue with my 2003 cts/150k miles, mine has codes 0400 & 0410 - bank 1 sensor 2, dealer told me i need new ecm $650.00. Got new delco ecm from gmpartsdirect.com for $220.+$54 shipping. My cts has all the symptoms: rough idle, rough shifting, delay shift from park etc., the new ecm arrived yesterday and getting it installed and flashed on Friday.
    Let us know how much it cost you to flash the ECM and if it ends up fixing your issues.

Ricky Partal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS sport

anyone know of a place in the bay area i can get my 03 ecm flashed?

any GM dealership can do this for you...it doesnt have to be a Caddy dealership

cstevenson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Got the message reduced engine power and took it to the shop and they did all the tests. Said it was my ECM and thy it is very common for 2003 cts. Took it to Cadillac and they reset the computer, updated hardware and they said its fixed? What do you guys think? Sounds kind of fishy...

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I hope this is the only place you meant to ask your question. Why doubt the dealer ? When the ECM goes bad it does all kinds of weird things and throws alot of different codes that mean nothing except that the ECM has failed.

hmcgary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac cts, (2)1963 cadillac convertibles

Will the ECM stop the car from starting?

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hmcgary View Post
    Will the ECM stop the car from starting?
    Absolutely, but its not the only thing. If it won't start after filling up at the gas station its the EVAP purge solenoid valve.

Crankshaft Position Sensor failure can keep it from starting too.

You've got two 63 convertibles ? I've got a Series 75 with division, dual air and dual radio. Small world.

Attachment 89623

peteralan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cadillac cts 3.6

If your problem still persists, could be the "app" pedal assembly, or the worst case the ecm is bad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.