Took a few pics today (new grille)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Took a few pics today (new grille) in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; i bought a grille off ebay last week, and finally had time to install it on sat. From reading the ...
    03Lac0nDubs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts lux sport

Took a few pics today (new grille)

i bought a grille off ebay last week, and finally had time to install it on sat. From reading the other posts about installing them, it seemed pretty easy. Taking off the first pins on the top were easy, but once i had to reach in behind the grille to get the inner pins, it seemed like i needed to take the whole bumper off. The upper part of the bumper seemed to bend just enough for me to remove the rest of the pins and put the grille in. It fits perfect and I think it's going to last a long time. Since it wasn't an oem v-grille, it didn't come w/ an emblem, and when I stopped by at the dealership, they told me the part number for a cts/cts-v emblem w/crest is the same. We walked outside to an 07' cts-v and clearly the emblem/crest were larger. They only had one extra emblem/crest in stock and it was for a cts only. They keep saying the emblem and crest stock # is the same for both, but obviously one is larger than the other. Anyone know if this is true? I need a crest/emblem from a v-grille and don't want to get something on ebay that only fits a reg. cts, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rblimas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los

Re: Took a few pics today (new grille)

they are different sizes

Took a few pics today/ have a question too

i bought a grille off ebay last week, and finally had time to install it on sat. From reading the other posts about installing them, it seemed pretty easy. Taking off the first pins on the top were easy, but once i had to reach in behind the grille to get the inner pins, it seemed like i needed to take the whole bumper off. The upper part of the bumper seemed to bend just enough for me to remove the rest of the pins and put the grille in. It fits perfect and I think it's going to last a long time. Since it wasn't an oem v-grille, it didn't come w/ an emblem, and when I stopped by at the dealership, they told me the part number for a cts/cts-v emblem w/crest is the same. We walked outside to an 07' cts-v and clearly the emblem/crest were larger. They only had one extra emblem/crest in stock and it was for a cts only. They keep saying the emblem and crest stock # is the same for both, but obviously one is larger than the other. Anyone know if this is true? I need a crest/emblem from a v-grille and don't want to get something on ebay that only fits a reg. cts, thanks!

YuraB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

yea the cts-v is bigger. I went to the dealership and they found the part number for me but I didnt purchase it since it was 80$!! No I dont remember the #.

sjmamiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Red Jewel CTS 3.6 w 6-speed trans

I just bought one from Lindsay Cadillac. The CTS-V part # is 25757717.

sjmamiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Red Jewel CTS 3.6 w 6-speed trans

I just saw your pics on your other post. Nice Car!! I probably bought the same grill you just did. Since you already have yours installed, you will need to cut the 4 locating pins off of the back of your emblem. You will see what I am talking about once you get it. Also, for some reason on the grills without the emblems, the center emblem mount is not centered. It is about 1/2" too high. You can move the center emblem down a bit (ie don't center the emblem on the mount). You will see what I'm talking about when you get the emblem. I think it will still look great!

Massiso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Took a few pics today/ have a question too

what size are those wheels? hows the grille's finish? I keep reading to just go OEM on this one.

-=AlexXx=- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS

love the tinted fronts my car is the same! and im ordering the OEM grill within the month... just gotta get drunk first cuz i dont wanna spend the money lol.

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

i bit the bullet and spended the extra bread for the grille as i didnt want to have to deal with the horror stories ive heard about the replicas, good luck with it though

the wheels are 20x8.5, and the finish is stainless steel mesh. I don't think i'm going to have a problem w/ weather, pretty decent in ca, but hopefully everything goes well

Thanks for the part #, Sj! i haven't really noticed that area to be off-centered, but i can understand that,since it's not oem..hopefully everything comes out looking good

Juniorverse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Deany View Post
    i bit the bullet and spended the extra bread for the grille as i didnt want to have to deal with the horror stories ive heard about the replicas, good luck with it though
    Same here, my V-Grill was almost $400.00 with shipping. I read too many posts about rust, no emblems, crooked emblems, metal chipping, etc. etc. with the more "cost effective" V-grills.

mrc00l88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Cadillac CTS - Blacked out

i ordered the same grill.. so what is the correct emblem to order??

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by mrc00l88 View Post
    i ordered the same grill.. so what is the correct emblem to order??
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmamiller View Post
    I just bought one from Lindsay Cadillac. The CTS-V part # is 25757717.
    a couple posts back...

ImAShakiraholic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black '03 Cadillac CTS

I would just paint the inside of the grille black!
    looks good BTW! grats on getting lucky with the grille

mrc00l88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Cadillac CTS - Blacked out

Quote Originally Posted by ImAShakiraholic View Post
    I would just paint the inside of the grille black!
    looks good BTW! grats on getting lucky with the grille
    im thinking about doing the same thing. what kind of paint is good for the stainless steel mesh?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.